Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Detroit officially declares Bankruptcy

Detroit is getting what it deserves. Next time, don't run your city into the ground believing your too big to fail.

I just hope Detroit's creditors come out of this OK. They are the real heroes here, for taking the risk in the first place.

you mean the people that made 100's of millions in derivative schemes that were the major reason detroit got taken down? Yes, the people who ran Detroit were not smart enough to understand how they were getting scammed by wall street. :coffee:

you mean the people that made 100's of millions in derivative schemes that were the major reason detroit got taken down? Yes, the people who ran Detroit were not smart enough to understand how they were getting scammed by wall street. :coffee:

Voters installed the managers that made horrible decisions.

Elections have consequences. It's just like the tens of millions of people in the process of losing their health care plans right now. People tried to warn them, and they even voted Barry in for a second term.

The system is working as intended. Elect weak/corrupt leaders then shovel tons of money at them -- what else could anyone reasonable expect?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So the major fault that you can find with Detroit voters is that they didn't elect people with Ivy league finance degrees....of which i'm sure there were many candidates. You see the flaw here right?

So the major fault that you can find with Detroit voters is that they didn't elect people with Ivy league finance degrees....of which i'm sure there were many candidates. You see the flaw here right?

People get the government they deserve. The Detroit process worked exactly as it should. I bet the union bosses and fatcats made out very well over the decades.

Just like now. We'll be talking about what a horrible job Barry did 25 years from now. We'll be discussing how he wrecked health care, created more generational poverty and accelerated the economic downfall of the US. It's happening now -- we're witnessing it. But alas, all we will hear about is how his victims (the poor) just didn't know. That's bullshit. We all know, just like the citizens of Detroit knew back then.

Life is a contact sport Get a helmet.

Life is a contact sport Get a helmet.

no, you don't get to excuse corruption like that. Those people went to work every day and put their time in. This has ntohing to do with politics, they deserve what they earned. End of discussion. You don't get to say that it's just tough shit that some wall street guys came in and scammed the city with the, likely, the help of "some" officials and/or unionizers. You are personally corrupt if that's what you're doing.

no, you don't get to excuse corruption like that. Those people went to work every day and put their time in. This has ntohing to do with politics, they deserve what they earned. End of discussion. You don't get to say that it's just tough shit that some wall street guys came in and scammed the city with the, likely, the help of "some" officials and/or unionizers. You are personally corrupt if that's what you're doing.

The system worked as intended. I'm just sad that the voters can now choose to leave the city. They should have to stay in that mess for at least 10 years.

You don't need to understand derivatives to know that if you elect scumbags to office and pump money into union bosses that things won't end well. That's just common sense.

You don't need to understand derivatives to know that if you elect scumbags to office and pump money into union bosses that things won't end well. That's just common sense.

So in a round about way you're admitting that the derivatives scheme is what took down Detroit, but it's the voters fault for voting in people who no matter how they voted would have done exactly the same. Makes sense. Aren't you the one saying all the time how it doesn't matter what party is in office they're all corrupt and govt just has to shut down?

So in a round about way you're admitting that the derivatives scheme is what took down Detroit, but it's the voters fault for voting in people who no matter how they voted would have done exactly the same. Makes sense. Aren't you the one saying all the time how it doesn't matter what party is in office they're all corrupt and govt just has to shut down?

No, I let you run with the kooky derivatives scheme theory all by yourself, because I get tired of proving you wrong.

And of course both parties are corrupt, which is why electing people who want to make the government smaller is the only correct vote. But when they go out of their way to elect dirtbags, they deserve what they get.

Top Bottom