Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Detroit officially declares Bankruptcy

This. Also lol @ plunkeys response.

Detroit has been shit for decades. The idea of a one-industry town, basically run by and for the auto industry, was a huge problem for Detroit both politically and economically. The auto industry did all it could to remain in control of the city to the detriment of its growth, planning, infrastructure and social problems.

Theyve been talking for a few years about urban planning and getting a light rail in there. Would be cool to see them move forward with those concepts if the slate is indeed wiped clean. Not banking on that happening though.

Yeah, a little urban planning and some light rail will fix them right up. I bet those crack houses will convert to job training centers overnight if they had access to less expensive transportation.

Thank you. I needed that kind of visceral laugh this evening.

Yeah, a little urban planning and some light rail will fix them right up. I bet those crack houses will convert to job training centers overnight if they had access to less expensive transportation.

Thank you. I needed that kind of visceral laugh this evening.

Ah, so you believe changes should have an impact overnight?

Makes me wonder why Rick Snyder enacting a corporate flat tax and making Michigan a right to work state didnt save Detroit then. :confused: I mean, it's been like a year. Should be more than enough time for a turnaround.

Ah, so you believe changes should have an impact overnight?

Makes me wonder why Rick Snyder enacting a corporate flat tax and making Michigan a right to work state didnt save Detroit then. :confused: I mean, it's been like a year. Should be more than enough time for a turnaround.

Yeah, let's ferret-out decades of union/Democrat/liberal thinking with a right-to-work law.

It was far too late for Detroit. I'd just like to take this opportunity to compliment the writers of "Robocop" for foreseeing the future of Detroit so well.

Yeah, let's ferret-out decades of union/Democrat/liberal thinking with a right-to-work law.

It was far too late for Detroit. I'd just like to take this opportunity to compliment the writers of "Robocop" for foreseeing the future of Detroit so well.

Omnicorp knows what its doing.

My point was that there's nothing wrong with focusing on urban renewal within Detroit. Wont be a quick fix, but if the city can start with a pseudo-clean slate it can transform itself (much like parts of Southern California did following WWII) into a much more business and residential friendly environment than it has been over the past 20 years.

Plus, bankruptcy will absolve the city of the most of the union tied liabilities.

Damn they really did call that one rob

They did, but in all fairness it isn't that hard to foresee.

The writers of RoboCop were capitalists. To a evil, money-grubbing, mean-spirited, conservatives capitalism isn't that hard to figure out.

My point was that there's nothing wrong with focusing on urban renewal within Detroit. Wont be a quick fix, but if the city can start with a pseudo-clean slate it can transform itself (much like parts of Southern California did following WWII) into a much more business and residential friendly environment than it has been over the past 20 years.

Plus, bankruptcy will absolve the city of the most of the union tied liabilities.

Does that include Dem control of the city government for the next half century or no?

My urban renewal program would be:

Nothing: You don't get a single dollar of subsidy, grant or similar hand-out.

But... if you are willing to establish a business here with real employees and real assets (yeah, we'd need a test for that), then you can operate here at a flat 10% federal income tax rate and no state tax for 10 years.

Then around 2023, they can buy the rest of us and implement that program nation-wide.

My urban renewal program would be:

Nothing: You don't get a single dollar of subsidy, grant or similar hand-out.

But... if you are willing to establish a business here with real employees and real assets (yeah, we'd need a test for that), then you can operate here at a flat 10% federal income tax rate and no state tax for 10 years.

Then around 2023, they can buy the rest of us and implement that program nation-wide.

so we would need the government to test for real assets and employees.

Shit its not gonna work

Top Bottom