Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

TRAINING FOR 25k

Completed my 26k ultra marathon leg in 3.5hrs. Weather was poor (cold and rainy) but the scenery was awesome. Am super proud. My team came in 9th overall for the 100km race.

aa516ea9c9b90023dec7bdd3502a3ac4.jpg
ff8389158c4b4194b24c93ffd9579f1b.png
37d09cf5088cd94756297c35f2b6ba8e.png

My medal
73f46e0ce7b6d5763c39fce5cea44ddd.jpg

My next challenge is to complete a full marathon next summer.

For my clients who do marathons, I like to do the following:
Monday - Pace runs. Basically, set a pace with which you are happy doing the marathon. Run at this pace for 1k. Have a break for 1-2 minutes, and do another 4k, one at a time with breaks in between.
Wednesday - Do a recovery run for 3-4k at a slow pace.
Friday - Do your long run. Do 10k at a pace you are comfortable with.

The following week do the same thing, but increase the distance for all runs. Program your distances in such a way that you work up to a long run of 25k 1 week prior to your marathon. The week preceding the marathon do a deload (1/3rd of the distances) with no long run.

With regards to weight training, a couple of sessions per week working on strength can help, since they will improve power output and running economy.

Remember to carb load for a couple of days before each long run and before the marathon.

For my clients who do marathons, I like to do the following:
Monday - Pace runs. Basically, set a pace with which you are happy doing the marathon. Run at this pace for 1k. Have a break for 1-2 minutes, and do another 4k, one at a time with breaks in between.
Wednesday - Do a recovery run for 3-4k at a slow pace.
Friday - Do your long run. Do 10k at a pace you are comfortable with.

The following week do the same thing, but increase the distance for all runs. Program your distances in such a way that you work up to a long run of 25k 1 week prior to your marathon. The week preceding the marathon do a deload (1/3rd of the distances) with no long run.

With regards to weight training, a couple of sessions per week working on strength can help, since they will improve power output and running economy.

Remember to carb load for a couple of days before each long run and before the marathon.

Excellent advice. Thanks!

Can you explain carb loading a bit more pls?

Yep!

Carb loading literally means to load on carbs haha :)

2-3 days before your long run, increase carb intake to around 4-5 grams per pound of bodyweight per day. So if, for example, you weight 150 lbs, that's 600-750 grams of carbs per day.

Aim for easily digestible foods that aren't very heavy in fiber, such as pasta, rice, breads and potatoes.

Yep!

Carb loading literally means to load on carbs haha :)

2-3 days before your long run, increase carb intake to around 4-5 grams per pound of bodyweight per day. So if, for example, you weight 150 lbs, that's 600-750 grams of carbs per day.

Aim for easily digestible foods that aren't very heavy in fiber, such as pasta, rice, breads and potatoes.

Thanks!

Top Bottom