Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Smolov Base Mesocycle: My experience

Here's yesterday's workout (6/17)

day 2 of week 2
---------------------------------------

Squats
4sets x 7 x 245lbs
-STRETCH quads and hams after 4th set.

close grip ez bar curls
70lbs x 11,3,2
---------------------------------

rest intervals for squats were 3:30, 4:30 and 6min. Not sure how to describe it, but yesterday's session felt a bit easier. Not a walk in the park, but not nearly the struggle i had last week with the 9's and 7's nor 2 days before with week 2's sets of 9. Definately wasn't huffin and puffin as hard. Leg's were a bit pumped up though between set 3 and 4 so i had to let them deflate some. Left hamstring tendon was a bit agitated by the 3rd set of squats, but overall much less so than it was in the past.

On another note, i have been sleeping better and havin more pleasant dreams this week as opposed to week 1 which was restless and more nightmarish.

I've also undertaken some swimming, fractional relaxation, icing, catching a few sun rays, and other things to help mildly with restoration and work capacity over the past week and a half.

been gettin behind on posting my workouts.

here's day 3 of week 2 (6/19)
--------------------
Squats
5x5 x 260lbs

incline BB bench 6,2,2 RP
--------------------------
finished up with some rotator work.

pressing felt really bad. some wierd popping in my shoulder.

on squats rests were 3:30, 4min, 4min, 4:30.

My low back was really bothering me this workout. It was hurting on tues the 17th when i had to stand in line at the DMV for 3 hours. Overall squatting did not feel right at all, particularly my pumped up and painful lower back.

here's day 4 of week 2.
----------------------------------
Squats
8setsx 3reps x 275
-stretch quads and hams-

seated overhand cable rows
135lbsx 8,3,3

jm press
120lbs x 8,3,3

standing BB curls
67.5lbs x 8,3,1,
-------------------------------

other than standing bb curls, everything went pretty well.

I put on some linament on my lower back before working out and squats overall felt a lot better. I was also grunting a lot this workout lol, but i made the squats seem easier.

Rest periods for the squats were 5x 3mins, 2x 3:30, and one 4min rest period.

cable rows felt real good and i was focusing on tryin to round my mid-upper back and using my lats, not my lower back at all, to do the lifting, like mentioned in the dual factor article. Felt real good, so i can start crankin up the poundage on this.

CoolColJ said:
maybe it's in kilos? :)

actually you are right.

The site certainly doesn't say to put your squart 1rm in as kilos though. Infact the helper says sets x reps x weights.... weight generally lending itself to a unit of force like pounds, versus a unit of mass like kilograms.

However, since all of my plates are in pounds, this rather negates any utility that the program might have.

is it easier to mutlipy .85 times 300 and then add 20 or 30, or is it easier to convert my 1rm to kilos, plug it in, then convert that days weight back into pounds.....

'bout the same for me.

-------
as they say no good deed goes unpunnished right ? :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom