Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Box Squat

BodybuildingUniverse said:
(burp)

hey hammer, is that box stable enough when using the big weights? Looks like a coffee table man....:)

just kidding ya, but I usually see em with sides on them, would hate to see the lid give out on you mid set

Image: http://logo.cafepress.com/3/352230.56683.jpg

When TEC built the box I know he built it with durability in mind. It is made out of wood and I can assure it is NOT a coffee table.

Thanx for the concern but I can assure you it HOLDS.

Hammer says:

"I did use this technique myself and since I do not have the machine available tome I used a jumpstretch band. Much better IMO bc as you sit lower and push outward with your knees on the band you will feel more of a hip recruitment. Most machines are built ONE way. Ahhh, the beauty of bands. "

Spatts says:

"I think the key to making the bands resistant through the whole movement is starting with your feet wide. At the beginning of the movement, my feet are like 3 feet apart and my knees are together, so I immediately start feeling resistance that just increases until I get my knees over where my feet are. Then I like to hold it for as long as I can too, because you're in the bottom of the squat for a while sometimes, especially in a box squat. "

---

Hmm, looks the same to me.

-sk

thats what i was typing and decided not to. i agree. i dont really see the debate.

polish suggested an exercise and the alternative to that exercise and why he likes it better.

and spatts made alot of good points on why that exercise is in fact better.

Yes, I was agreeing with the point of the bands and disagreeing with the point of the machines. My intention in my reply was not to ensue power, but to make sure that those reading the thread do not think I was advocating that machines are just as good bands (IMO). Nothing more, nothing less. There's no deeper meaning to what I said.

Liftbig, there's no point in going in to this on the thread. My statement was not an attack, but PH took it that way because of a recent personal event. That's his issue, not mine.

You're right, there's no debate.

spatts said:
Liftbig, there's no point in going in to this on the thread. My statement was not an attack, but PH took it that way because of a recent personal event. That's his issue, not mine.

You're right, there's no debate.

This is not true. This is also very, very sad.

Since I have incorporated "box squats" into my strength training routine I have noticed a couple VERY positive things;

1-stronger hips, hamstrings, and glutes
2-increased flexibility

I have also noticed that I have been able to set PR's every Sunday on strongman events. I know that this exercise is helping me do so.

Top Bottom