Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Box Squat

spatts said:
I think the key to making the bands resistant through the whole movement is starting with your feet wide. At the beginning of the movement, my feet are like 3 feet apart and my knees are together, so I immediately start feeling resistance that just increases until I get my knees over where my feet are. Then I like to hold it for as long as I can too, because you're in the bottom of the squat for a while sometimes, especially in a box squat.

In terms of difficulty, I don't know anyone that can do it with a doubled pink. ;)

Spatts:

Can you elaborate a little on what you mean by a double pink? I have the pink bands from jump stretch. Do you just double it over so that there are essentially two loops and then put your feet through the loops, bring the band to just above your knees and then spread your feet to 3 feet? When I tried this, there was still some slackness at the very beginning of the movement. It was also fairly easy for me to open my legs with it. My hips are fairly strong, but I feel I may not be doing it as you described. thanks

while im not spatts i think i can answer your question...

to double the pinks fold a pink band in half and twist so its one loop, not two. now its double the strentgh and half the length on the normal pink band.

Liftbig said:
while im not spatts i think i can answer your question...

to double the pinks fold a pink band in half and twist so its one loop, not two. now its double the strentgh and half the length on the normal pink band.

yes that is what I meant; we are saying the same thing. I just don't see how that gets you much tension at the first part of the movement. ON the machine, the tension starts from the first inch.

Liftbig said:

To make it even harder you can then twist it so it is in a figure eight pattern...then put one leg through each hole.

rbrown said:
yes that is what I meant; we are saying the same thing. I just don't see how that gets you much tension at the first part of the movement. ON the machine, the tension starts from the first inch.

Here is what my take on it is;

Most machines are set up 1 way. With that, lets take a minute to think about your depth when you squat........

Now when you are performing this band exercise you should go just a bit lower than the regular bottom portion of your squat (depth).

This will activate the hips more than the machine may and lead your continued level of success.

Liftbig said:
i cant see how you arent getting enough tension if you are doing it right.

RBrown;

Did you give it a shot with the doubled pinks?.............

What happened?.......................................................

well, after reading this i have to add something.

the past 2 weeks, ive noticed some major pain in the bottoms of my knees.
never having this before. i wondered what caused it.

then I checked my form on the box squat. sure enough, my knees were coming in, a little

yesterday, i used the minis around my legs, and no pain today. Plus, my quads are so, and they never are sore

Top Bottom