Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The Box Squat

PolishHammer1977 said:

RBrown;

Did you give it a shot with the doubled pinks?.............

What happened?.......................................................

Yes.

It was relatively easy. I'm planning to play around with it some more to see what I need to do to get full benefit from the bands. Given that I have not seen a video of the exercise, it is possible that I am doing it wrong, but I don't think so. My hips are what I feel allows me to squat a lot given my leg size, which I don't think is that big.

A question for the group. Everyone seems to take it for granted that it would be best to do this exercise in a position where your hips are below your knees. However, my experience and observation in powerlifting is that if someone's knees are going to come in on them, they generally do so when the competitor begins to struggle, generally at a position just above, or sometimes significantly above parallel. Woudn't it then make sense to at least train this exercise sometimes with the hips above the knees?

Afterall, about 95% of the range of movement on a powerlifting squat is above parallel. Especially if you are using a decent suit and doing box squats, getting out of the hole is a non-issue unless you are simply using way more weight than you are capable of handling.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
rbrown said:

Yes.

It was relatively easy. I'm planning to play around with it some more to see what I need to do to get full benefit from the bands. Given that I have not seen a video of the exercise, it is possible that I am doing it wrong, but I don't think so. My hips are what I feel allows me to squat a lot given my leg size, which I don't think is that big.

A question for the group. Everyone seems to take it for granted that it would be best to do this exercise in a position where your hips are below your knees. However, my experience and observation in powerlifting is that almost everyone will have their knees come in as they begin to struggle, generally at a position just above, or sometimes significantly above parallel. Woudn't it then make sense to at least train this exercise sometimes with the hips above the knees?

Afterall, about 95% of the range of movement on a powerlifting squat is above parallel. Especially if you are using a decent suit and doing box squats, getting out of the hole is a non-issue unless you are simply using way more weight than you are capable of handling.

Thoughts?

I dont know for sure, but i know that heavy attempts will, or at least used to, make my knees come in from the very start.. it could be that strengthening them in the bottom will prevent it from happening later

Top Bottom