Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Taking too long in the gym

slash747

Hey all,

Ive been hitting the gym now for the past 6 months and im slowly learning the tricks of the trade.

My workout partners who have been going to the gym now for a few years complain that I take too much time rest in between sets.

I usually hit the gym after work, and Im in there for a good 1 1/2 - 2 hours, 25 minutes for Cardio, 20 Minutes for abs ( I do abs almost every day ), and a little over an hour for the body part that im doing...

I usually do 6 - 7 exercises per body part 1 body part per day 3 sets of each , except back I usually do 8 exercises because my back takes longer to reach complete exhaustion...

The thing is though I do take like 2 minute breaks in between sets. Should I drop the weight and try to decrease my rest period in between sets? Or should I look for new training partners? :D

Also I'm 25 and I am dying to do my first cycle, everyone's telling me to hold off , im 5'11 185 pounds and I have about 22% body fat... I do have a hot head and tend to rush into things but shit man the WWF ain't going to wait forever j/k hehe

You are overtraining big time dude!!!!!!!

You should be doing 10-12 sets for large musclegroups such as chest and back and 8-10 sets for a smaller msuclegroup like calves,biceps, triceps. Overtraining is the most common mistake that you can make.

I do 3-4 excersises with 3-4sets per excercise for a large muclegroup.

Example of a chest day:

incline dumbell press=4 sets
flatbench dumbell press=3 sets
flies=3 sets
cables=2 sets

I do all excersises to failure at about 8-10 reps. I didn't include my warmup, but I hope you get the idea. This will also cut down your time in the gym. A workout shoudl never take more than an hour to an hour and a half.

My 2 cents

Hope this helps

Overtraining?

I never thought I was overtraining, I first started the gym as means of weight loss I was 5'11 215 pounds, I was a fat little pudgeball...

So I kind of got into the habit of making long and strenous workouts... I sleep alot though, I usually get at least 9 hours of sleep a day...

This is a picture of me after 6 months im 184plds, the only thing Ive taken thus far as far as AS, is Anavar and Deca from Ttokkyo...

Stop taking gear!!! you haven't trained long enough!..... but I guess I'm just wasting my breath :rolleyes:

Don't worry about taking too long between sets ..... if and only if you are getting out of the way of people who might be waiting for that equipment. Let people work-in, or get away from the equipment until you are ready to use it again.

Ease up dude! You will gain much more muscle if you cut your workouts down! 3-4 sets of 2-4 excercises is all you need. Do more and you gain less. Your workout should take 40 minutes TOPS. You could probably cut the cardio and abs down to EOD also and look better faster.

Slash, I thought in your first post you where saying how you where dying to do your first cycle and then later you said that you've done Ttokkyo Deca. Which is it? Regardless of what you've done or not, 6 months is hardly enough time to start using gear. Especially because you haven't even really started to develop a solid routine. I'd go with the advice everyone is giving you.

I'm not sure what your goals are, but you can easily drop 5-6% bf in a 3 month period with proper training and diet. I'd focus on these primary areas first and after several years, re-evaluate if you want to use gear.

Just my $0.02.

Gear or not, the bottom line is diet & recovery. All the enhancers in the world won't work unless you have the basics mastered first.

Would you buy a classic Mustang Mach 1 fastback, wax it every other day, pay $$ for the primo paint job, street drag every chance you got, and then run regular gas in it and never change the oil?

The anavar and the deca I had taken, a friend told me was fake cause they had never heard of the company Ttokkyo thats why I had never mentioned it I didnt even think it was real until I saw a few postings on that company here the other day.....

I had actually taken it the second month I was going to the gym, I know its stupid and I was warned by my friends but I did as a bull frog and leaped into it....

As far as the my time in the gym, should I do more than one body part a day or are you guys saying 40 minutes a day period 1 body part is all I need??

if you're trying to bulk up....do one body part a day. If you're trying to cut up....do a three on one off routine, that's what works best for me. I do chest, shoulders, and tri's (day one). back and bi's(day two) and legs (day three). as far as your time in between sets, you should only wait 30 seconds to a min. so you can get the cardio aspect of the workout.

This was covered earlier today, but 1x a week. Take Sat & Sun day for recovery and stick to 3 - 4 sets per exercise. This should work fine for bulking...

p.s. There's no way you're 22% bf. Get another measurement done.

Top Bottom