Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Super Low Carbs?

dmarie

I posted several months ago and got great advice. To date I've lost 52 pounds and want to lose like 15 more but I'm stuck and have been for like 3 weeks. I've been reading about the super low card diets (under 10 per day) and am feeling like that may help. Is this appropriate for someone that isn't really in a time crunch but is just stagnant? Thanks for any help!

Typicaly it is under 20 grams will have most people in keto. Have you tried carb cycling yet?

No I haven't tried it yet. The carbs that I eat currently are mostly brown rice, some sweet potatoes, a piece of whole grain bread every now and then, and green leafy vegetables. When I eat carbs I kind of feel bloated, so they haven't been a huge part of my diet but I've never cut them out so drastically.

No I haven't tried it yet. The carbs that I eat currently are mostly brown rice, some sweet potatoes, a piece of whole grain bread every now and then, and green leafy vegetables. When I eat carbs I kind of feel bloated, so they haven't been a huge part of my diet but I've never cut them out so drastically.

I would cut out bread completely other then ezekiel bread. Rather then cut carbs out completely try cycling them like this.

Monday = No Carb Less then 20 grams (only from green veggies)
Tuesday = Low Carb 1 gram of carbs per pound
Wednesday = High Carb 2 grams of carbs per pound
Thursday = No Carb
Friday = Low carb
Saturday = High Carb
Sunday = Low Carb

Plan your training around the carb intake as well for high carb days do legs and back, low carb days chest, shoulders and arms. No carb days are none training days.

I'm gonna try that cycling thing SuperQT mentioned. I'm pretty much lower carb for life already, so I'm a fan of eating veggies for carbs and leaving the rest. If I let in any bread or baked goods I puff up like nobody's business. :D

Anyway, good luck! I'll send you a message with a resource that's helpful to me.

Thanks so much! That seems more manageable and less "Atkins-y, gain everything back the second you eat a carb".

can i just get my carbs from veggies? i workout but not like i used to. i have a newborn thereis just no time

What kind of training are you doing? Cardio at least? I know the little one gets the bulk of your time. As she should :)

Eat lots of green veggies and healthy fats to go along with your protein. You don't want to eat to "little" since it will destroy your metabolism. Make up the the extra kcal form cutting the starches with fatty fish, raw almonds, ANPB, Avocado, EVOO, etc.

Congrats on your weight loss!

Great advice so far. I'm sure you'll find something that works for you. You might want to check out the CKD thread in Diet and Bodybuilding. I have found it to be the best option for me when I get stagnant. It always take me down 10% bodyfat or so in 4 - 5 weeks. Mostly because I blow up too the minute I look at sugar, gluten or dairy. (P.S. I also did this CKD during a workout break where I wasn't training hard - just doing tabata's and interval training 3 or 4 days a week and got the same results - if not better)

I bet you feel GREAT!

Top Bottom