Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sore Muscles While On LOW-CARB Diet

I2ancid

this is the beggining of my 2nd week on a low carb high protein high (good) fat diet of mostly steak and egg whites. After working out my biceps and other muscles 4 days ago they are very sore and instead of getting better theyre actually beggining to hurt worst and worst is this due to extremely low carb supply? and will it just keep getting worst until I eat carbs?

I completely hate CKD diets. I cannot think, I am sore - Life just completely sucks while in Ketosis. I would blame the carbs for your pain my friend - or you actually hurt yourself in the gym.

Swift :freak:

swifty said:
I completely hate CKD diets. I cannot think, I am sore - Life just completely sucks while in Ketosis. I would blame the carbs for your pain my friend - or you actually hurt yourself in the gym.

Swift :freak:

No theyre definatly not hurt, unless I ripped my biceps triceps and ab's... I actually like the ckd diet I eat every 2 hours mostly steak so I have plenty of energy its just the sore muscles =\ maybe I should take 2 glasses of OJ after a workout today

They're sore becaue they're not recovering. Glucose plays a vital role in stimulating revovery of trained muscles. By not giving your body carbs(glucose) you are severly short-changing your body's ability to recouperate following training. Overtraining becomes almost guarnatedd while on low/no carb diets.

ROLGOR said:
Are you taking in high carbs for a day each week to replentish your muscles?

No, im following the one crumcakes diet, the full 8 weeks he says no cheat days and didnt mention any carb up days only to take carb's after a workout, should I be taking in more carbs after my workout?

I2ancid said:

No, im following the one crumcakes diet, the full 8 weeks he says no cheat days and didnt mention any carb up days only to take carb's after a workout, should I be taking in more carbs after my workout?

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. You absoultely must replenish muscle glycogen following high intensity training(anaerobic traininig). This not only replenishies muscle glycogen, but turns on much of the anabolic machinery of the muscle cells so they are able to repair themselves. My personal opinion is that low carb diets are far more detrimental than they are productive. The right carbs at the right times makes all the difference, not cutting them out entirely. Without muscle glycogen or blood glucose you will not be able to train hard. It very well may feel as though you're training hard, but that's because the muscles are literally catabolizing themselves to meet energy needs for training. Always take in carbs before and after training.

Like Beezers said, also you may reduce some muscle soreness and aid recovery, by supplamenting with Magnasium and at least 10 grams l-glutamine post workout. ZMA at bedtime is an excellent recovery supp.

Beezers

Beezers said:

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. You absoultely must replenish muscle glycogen following high intensity training(anaerobic traininig). This not only replenishies muscle glycogen, but turns on much of the anabolic machinery of the muscle cells so they are able to repair themselves. My personal opinion is that low carb diets are far more detrimental than they are productive. The right carbs at the right times makes all the difference, not cutting them out entirely. Without muscle glycogen or blood glucose you will not be able to train hard. It very well may feel as though you're training hard, but that's because the muscles are literally catabolizing themselves to meet energy needs for training. Always take in carbs before and after training.

Beezers, I'm on a low carb diet myself, I have never though about needing carbs to repair muscle but your absolutely correct. Could you give me an example of the carbs you consume through out the day and time if you dont mind.

Beezers said:
They're sore becaue they're not recovering. Glucose plays a vital role in stimulating revovery of trained muscles. By not giving your body carbs(glucose) you are severly short-changing your body's ability to recouperate following training. Overtraining becomes almost guarnatedd while on low/no carb diets.

I agree 100%

Top Bottom