Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Slow progress....any suggestions?

dbroncofan said:
Thanks for all the suggestions.

As for the eating and carbs...when I enter my diet in Fitday the calculations are about what I have posted daily....always around 1400 cal with macro's the same. Sometimes a bit higher in protein. I have always been very carb sensitive as far as weight issues, but I do have at least 3-4 meals a day with good clean carbs like yams, oats and brown rice.
On my heavy lift days I do eat more carb, especially on leg days.

My cheat on Saturday always contains a good amount of carb....usually pizza crust which I realize isn't the best.

Taking a week break from cardio is a good thought, and I may try that as well.

Thanks again ladies. Lookiing at your pics inspire me!

Thanks hun.

Your calories may be below your basal metabolic rate, and if this is the case, then your body's metabolism will slow to adjust to the calorie intake it is coming to expect.

The weekly cheat meals have probably off set this a bit.

To calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate)

BMR (both sexes) = 370 + (21.6 x lean mass in kg)

THis will give you what your body requires for all of your basic biological processes, such as digestion, nerve transmission, respiration etc, or your basal metabolic rate.

To figure out how many calories you need for the day multiply your BMR by your activity levels

Sedentary BMR x 1.2 no exercise/desk job

Lightly active BMR x 1.375 light exercise/sports 1-3 days/week

Moderately active BMR x 1.55 moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week

Very active BMR x 1.725 hard exercise/sports 6-7 days/week

Extremely active BMR x 1.9 hard daily training/physical job or training 2x/day

This is just a general rule of thumb, there are a lot of factors involved with biochemical individuality, however, it is a good place to start, and basically what we have right now, research wise.

I would have liked to see some pictures.... thyroid issues definately hinder results. I had a client who REFUSED to get a blood test.... after working with her for 2 months and seeing VERY LITTLE in changes....she "swore" she was eating clean.... come to find out she had a SERIOUS thyroid imbalance.

Get that under control...do the best you can....5'2, 119 is not too shabby!! (I bet UR are a sexy little thing) However, there have been many good suggestions on this list....I, for one, am not a proponent of cardio on empty.... but it would be good to try something different....every body is different.

I would also think about adding some Hi-intensity weight work in to mix up your routine.... check into Kettlebells, or E.D.T. type of training....both were HUGE in helping me overcome MY plateau's.....

Pics???

S- the girl 1/2 of this raptor thing

Thanks girls for all the suggestions.

I'll my hubby take some newer pics of me this weekend and post, until then...I'll keep plugging away and try to mix it up some more.

Your at the low end with bf and weight for a "normal" person...so it will take longer to lose it..Make sure you weigh and measure your food and log it all down in fit links. Try some intervals with cardio too

Top Bottom