Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sets on AS

musclebrains

I can't be the only guy here over 40, but maybe. :( Anyway, I've just started a cycle of sus/eq, my second, and I'm curious to know what kind of routines other guys use while on AS. My first cycle I worked out one body part per week, but ended up often doing 20 sets per body part and injured my shoulder and developed joint pain.

Any advice (from anyone of any age)?

Im 34. Anyway, I stick to one body part per week whether I'm on or not. Also, I do 7-10 hard sets per body part when off and maybe 7-14 when on, just harder and more intense with less rest when on. When I'm on, I can motivate myself to move faster in the gym and lift more strictly b/c I know I will see results from it. But if I am real intense when I am off, even at one body part per week and 7-10 sets, I may overtrain. I just try to maintain when off and not break the muscle down too much. I found that's the best way for me to keep all my gains.

Thanks, out of curiosity, are you regarding your triceps and biceps as different body parts or would that be 7-14 total for the arms?

Anyone else only working one body part per week?

One imprtant point,

You CAN overtrain while on.

Don't think you are superman or something - lol.

I did a cycle of Test and EQ, and went way way to hard in my training and it caught up with me. The problem was that while in the gym, I could just go, go, go ..... I could do like 18 sets Chest and still be ready for more. MOndays I would do like 18 sets chest, 14 biceps, 6 calves ...... and I still could have done more.

BUT ...

That caught up with me. After like week 6, I was a zombie. All the symptoms. I had to take a full week off (while ON, yup....).

So, be smart, train harder, but be realistic.

LOL...yep that's what happened to me. Kept pumping and pumping like a maniac and then crashed and had to take a week off too. And when the cycle was done, I couldn't even drive by the gym for about two weeks. It's really hard to limit yourself to 10 sets or so.

Thanks. By the way, I am 37.

I train like this:

Monday - Chest (flat, incline, flyes, decline), Biceps (reg, hammer, etc), Calves

Tuesday - Upper Back, Triceps, Abs

Thursday - Shoulders, Lower Back/Hamstrings (stiff legged deadlifts, leg curls, etc).

Friday - LEGS (squats, press, extensions) Abs

I have had to get used to doiung fewer sets. I think I feel a lot better, Fewer sets (while on OR off) at higher weights. I feel a lot better and am growing more as well.

Musclebrains just because you are doing steroids doesn't mean you should throw in alot more sets from my experience with them. Remember steroids is making you stronger of course you know that, so say you do one body part a day, at 12-14sets naturally, doing 3 or 4 different exercises for that part, while on steroids doing 12-14 sets will still make you bigger because you are using heavier weight. I try maybe only to do 2-3 more sets when on juice. I have notice if I do tons more sets while on juice, then come off after a few weeks, I can't do nearly as much, it's very depressing, and the way you feel and look isn't as good to me as it was if I only did maybe 2-3 more sets because you can kinda keep up to that many sets naturally. Adding like 4 and up on sets made me realize I wasn't even gaining as much as when I do maybe 2-3 more sets. I think it only hurts me more in the long run, because I start to feel like I didn't work out good enough because I was doing close to 18-20 sets while on the juice, this making me lose motivation.

Actually, when I look at Riker's workout, he's doing a lot more TOTAL sets a day, about double, than I am if I cut back to 12 per body part, since I only work one part a workout. I do arms separately on a different day. I'm not sure I could sustain that much total energy. (Maybe it's the age thing, again.)

How many sets are you doing for your bis and tris, riker?

Top Bottom