Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

saddle bag area

pinneyshome

Hi guys been posting here for a few weeks. I found that this website gives me such inspiration. What I need to know what is the Best workout for by saddle bags. IT seems I am dropping body fat and am slimming down some and I know you cant spot reduce but which exercise is more effective for the thighs? Lunges or squats. I do them both. My diet is not as great as it should be, I have cut down on fats because of the cellulite. Could you recommend breakfast alternatives bc i simply hate oatmeal and not to fond on eggs. I know you do not necessarily have to eat breakfast food at breakfast but my mind can't absorb that. I love grits bc i was raised in the south. Are these taboo? I am not looking for a strict diet because I don't have enough will power like you guys but I have done better incorporating more protein, and less bad fats. I eat every three hours, protein shake, cottage cheese, or low carb yogurt with flaxseed oil, dinner is usually meat veg. I drink tons of water and do cardio 6x a week and weight train every other day. I have increased my weights and lift as heavy as I can w/out injury and watching my body take on new definition is exciting but just had those few questions on exercise and breakfast. Thanks for your help!

If the saddlebags are your "fattest" area, they'll take the longest to see results. Slow steady fat loss is key. For one thing, women who hold fat in this area will typically gain fat here first and lose it from here last, so you want to avoid any kind of overly strict diet that will temp you to binge and add even more fat to that area. The other benefit of slow steady weight loss is that you're less likely to have the problem of loose skin.

Keep hitting your legs hard. If you're still doing full-body workouts, it's probably time to change to a "split", where you do different bodyparts on different days. It's a more advanced form of training that will allow you to hit each part harder. For examples of different workout splits, check out this site: http://www.exrx.net/Exercise.html and look under Weight Training Templates.

I think the cardio 6x/week is a bit excessive. Too much cardio can cause your body to retain fat. Another good read will explain why :) http://home.eol.ca/~philla/bodyessence/Pages/Articles/aerobicvstrength/chunkysyndrome.html

Perhaps cut down to 4x a week, but raise the intensity. I'm a great believer in HIIT (high intensity interval training) cardio. It will REALLy burn the fat and define your legs, plus it's a lot more fun and takes less time. Yet another reading assignment: http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit.asp

I hate oatmeal too, so I have Cream of Wheat (made w/ water) instead. Just don't go heavy in milk or butter.

Less cardio, but make it MORE intense.

Make sure you are eating a HIGH protein soure with every meal. No starchy carbs in the afternoon/evening.

And yes, you can eat ANYTHING at "breakfast". Doesn't HAVE to be eggs. :) Maybe add protein powder to your grits.......?

Breakfast? I eat sugarfree pudding with protein powder, 2t. peanut butter, and 3T uncooked old fashioned oatmeal. Taste like a no bake cookie! 20 grms of protein and 300 calories.

A last note, when you say you are cutting down on fats, what you really need to do is make sure you are getting the right kind of fats & not cutting them completely from your diet. Good fats are flax seed oil, fish, almonds, natural peanut butter (in moderate quanitities because of the additional carbs).

Top Bottom