Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Rolled oats v Steel-cut oats

StellarTiggy said:
Cooking them in the microwave often times forces them to overflow out of the container you're cooking them in and as a result remain undercooked - this has the potential to lead to digestive problems in the future.

Is there really a possiblity of getting digestive problems if you don't cook your oats? I sometimes just add a touch of water and choke them down.

Also, where do you find steel cut oats? I only see "Quaker Old Fashioned" which say rolled oats on the back of the box...

thx

|D_J^B_J| said:
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to StellarTiggy again.

I either cook my steel-cut oats in the crockpot overnight, or make oatmeal 'pancakes' with cinnamon, stevia and eggwhites.

Saves time that way :) :p

Once you have Steel Cut - you'll never go back to the rolled... I make mine in a steamer in a large batch. Put it in the rice insert, cover it with water and steam them for 50 minutes. They turn out perfect.

Quadsweep's Sister said:
Once you have Steel Cut - you'll never go back to the rolled... I make mine in a steamer in a large batch. Put it in the rice insert, cover it with water and steam them for 50 minutes. They turn out perfect.

Yes, but waiting 50 mins to eat breakfast after waking up seems a bit too long, which is why I cook them overnight, so they are ready as soon as I roll out of bed!

P.S. Does anyone have the fibre content of steel-cut oats as a % of the total carbs? Ta.

I actually like to rotate for variety...........1 cup rolled fmeal #1, 3/4 cup steel meal #2, 1 cup rolled #4, 1/2 stee before bed.......

Top Bottom