Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pyramiding weight, how much do u go up

110%

what has worked best for you with pyramiding weight, and reps down, how much weight helps the best for you. i have normally done just increments of 5 total pounds on bench with a 12, 10, 8, 6, 4 routine, or a 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. and for deads weither a 10 lb increments for a 5, 3, 2, 1 routine or 20 lb increments for a 3, 2, 1 reps. what has worked best for you for increasing strenght, i see alot of ppl on bench go up 20 total lbs each pyramid and go down like 4-6 reps.

i dont really train for strenght..so my answere will be a bit bias..but ive found that to increase strenght, i have to go up a bit on each set. so instead of doing a 12-10-8 rep range, i will change to a 12-8-6 rep range..first set being there just to get the blood into the muscle..then i go maybe 20 pounds up on the bench press, and 10 on the last set. ofcourse it all depends on the exercise at hand.

I've never liked the pyramiding idea myself, I find it doesn't leave me any strength for my true heavy sets. I try to do my warmups in such a way that the muscle is well warmed up when I hit that first heavy set, but not tired out at all.
Here are a couple examples of my warm ups:
deadlifts:
135 for 6
225 for 5
315 for 3
415 for 3
455 for 1-2
500 for 3x5
chest:
45 for 10
135 for 8
185 for 5
225 for 5
255 for 1-2
295 for 5x5

For me, I only seem to grow when I left heavy, so the key is to save my strength for the heavy 5's. That's why as the warmup weights start to get heavy, I do doubles or triples only, gets the blood flowing and gives your body the feel of the heavy weights, but they don't tire the muscle out.
Just my .002

Top Bottom