Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

pregnancy and weight training - jumping, running, deadlifts..etc please advice

sasa

Hi ladies,
I want to ask. I just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant and would like to know what are your experiences with pregnancy and training. I feel good and want to continue lift a do cardio, but want to see what is OK. I know everyone different, but just to want know what are your experiences and advice. Is it ok to do squats, deadlifts(with less weight), what about running and jumpropping?

Does any of got restriction from the doctor?

thank you

Pregnant women usually have no problems continuing their training but I would suggest you to consult your doctor to make sure how much you should do and what exercises you should avoid.

I was literally getting ready to head to the gym the morning my water broke. The day before I was in there doing squats and lunges with my big old belly with people looking at me like I was crazy. The most important part is knowing your body. If something is uncomfortable or doesn't feel right, stop right away. Your energy is going to go up and down like crazy so just listen to your body and give it rest when it needs it. Your doctor may put certain restrictions if complications arise but my doctor always said if I feel like I can do it, go ahead. Most women who are fit can continue and just make adjustments as they go. Pregnancy is not the time to start new or more intense forms of training. Stick with what you know and have been doing and you should be fine. Also, running with the belly can get uncomfortable later into it. I found doing incline treadmill or the eliptical felt better.

^^great advice. It's been many years since I had my son but my doctor literally told me to stay off horses and no cliff jumping. lol There were times when I could do everything I wanted and other times where walking was a chore. Congrats on the baby :)

I would say you could do most everything - your body will let you know what it can handle 😎. However one thing you should be cautious with is any stretching that involves the pelvis in the third trimester. (I've been teaching yoga for 13 years and have 2 kids so that's why i know this 😜). Your body is preparing for birth and it becomes very easy to permanently damage tendons and ligaments in the area do to the increased elasticity I the area. So red light on major straddle stretches. Good luck with your baby!!! How exciting for you 😘

Pregnancy training is safe and sound way to minimize aches and pains in muscles which helps in building stamina which is needed during labour. But I would suggest to avoid the exercise that gives a strain to belly. Their are several exercise like shoulder lateral raises, Seated row etc., It is always wise to consult a professional trainer for continuing regular workout.

I think you should be okay to do almost anything you usually do since your body has always been used to working out. I think its doing new things that your body isn't already used to that should be avoided while pregnant. I would still ask your doctors advice on any specifics that you maybe should be avoiding. Congrats!!

Top Bottom