Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok, who's dieting? what is your diet

ISO-caloric life style

I'm eating out but I do stop all carb intake after 6:00PM (I training in the morning).

Daly intake
Protein: 240-300g
Carbs: 120-180g
Fat: 120-180g

I'm 5'8"....200 @ 8%

When I get contest ready....I just cook my own meals instead of eating out.

you are a lucky guy rgc to be able to eat that much and be at 8 percent.

RGC3, that is not an isocaloric diet. Isocaloric is 1/3 protein, 1/3 carbs and 1/3 fat (33% each BY CALORIES)
at the high ends of calories (300g prot, 180g fat, 180g carbs) you get 3540 calories. The ratios would be 34%protein, 46% fat and 20% carbs). Remember, proteins and carbs have 4cals per gram, fat has 9cals per gram.

Even with the maximum protein, carbs, and low fat range you listed. It would be (300g protein, 120g fat, 180g carbs) Ratios would be 300 cals, and 40% protein, 36% fat, and 24% carbs.

I'm on the NHE plan (Natural Hormonal Enhancement) - modified slightly for pre-contest; <30 grams/carb a day and a moderate (one meal) carb load every four days. I've been carb loading w/ 150 grams/day; I'm four weeks out from contest so I'm dropping that to 75-100 grams/day. It's just enough to put some glycogen back in the muscles without retaining a ton of water afterward. I usually gain 1 lb. of water, but lose it again pretty quickly. I carb load on oatmeal w/ a little honey to sweeten; that's it. There's nothing else carb related in my house to eat, which keeps me from overdoing it. I have been keeping calories pretty even each day; now I'm going to start fluctuating them as drastically as possible. Hopefully, I'll keep my body fooled into burning more fat. :)

I've been cutting since May 4th, doing a vegan ketogenic diet with the occasional Met-Rx protein bar (containing casein and whey, both animal proteins) thrown in. Which basically means lots of tofu and soy protein powders, and cruciferrous veggies and romaine lettuce to keep things moving.

I allow myself 8-hour refeeds once every 2-3 weeks - anything longer, and I tend to overdo it, and retain a shitload more water. Refeeding for me helps as much physiologically as it does psychologically - it used to be when I'd diet, I'd "slip up" once, then go on a bender for days afterwards - two steps forward, two steps back. I know better now than I did previously about which foods to eat, and how to avoid the food hangover the next day. Most importantly, after being ketogenic for so long, I really appreciate what a difference glycogenated muscles make, and my workouts are INCREDIBLE for a few days after a refeed. :)

damn ceebs that sounds AWFUL long period of time youve been trying to get cut up. what are your goals?

If it sounds like a long time, it FEELS even longer. :(

I went overboard on a bulking cycle earlier this year, gained a ton of muscle, but also a ton of fat. I was about 26% bodyfat when I started dieting, and I'm 16% now. Never been leaner than this, even when I was annorexic several years ago. (I have more muscle now, obviously, and kicked the bad eating habits to the curb.) My eventual "goal" with my body is to be 5-10 pounds of lean mass heavier, with this bf. I'm going to try to cut down to 11 or 12% before I bulk again though, and be smarter about it than I was the last time I massed.

JJ- Did you find the NHE book in stores or order it?, I was reading about it a while ago and it sounded really informative but I cant find the damn book.

Anyway I'm doing the quick fix diet. They have a tae kwon do "team" at my college and I've been really wanting to get back into it, so I need to lean up fast. Im at about 11% now, the top abs show nicely and I have the side cuts of the next two showing.

Good luck to all with their diets
:)

Top Bottom