Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ok, who's dieting? what is your diet

i feel refeeds make me take too many steps backwards.

i truly hope this is the last time i will diet. like i said in theory once i reach that maybe 4 percent bodyfat, i will SLOWLY add carbs each week maybe 20 grams per week till i start eating normal again, im hoping this will let me maintain a low bodyfat year round...by the way the past 4 days ive lost fat ver quickly but im pretty hungry too but my discipline is in gear hope fully it will only take maybe 4 more weeks to hit 4 percent.

oh my bad bro, it was you that caught someone trying to say they were natural. I just don't like people lying either, like you said. My bad sorry if I insulted you....

hey if you do try gear...go for something mild like anavar - I'm on it right now and I'm leaning out loosing weight and getting stronger something that I can't acheive when leaning out naturally. Peace bra.

NC -
I feel that on refeeds too. I usually fuck them up and set myself back a week. I think shorter "sprint" dieting is better for the metabolism, mind, muscles... pretty much everything. Next time I have to hit up a diet (I might start a 4 - 6 week hit next week) I'll go straight through with no refeeds or carb ups. Only thing I'd do is bump fat up a little on the weekends, because I usually end up a little leaner after doing that. But with carbs, shit, I can gain 10 lbs. w/a moderate refeed (all water, glyc, etc.) and then some. I once went from 193 on a Friday morning to 209 on Sunday night. That fuckin' sucked. Set me back awhile.

it's all water though. You can't possibly gain that much fat from one carb up. Those carb ups will set your leptin levels right, which will make you lose more fat in the next week of dieting.

LaviathanX said:
it's all water though. You can't possibly gain that much fat from one carb up. Those carb ups will set your leptin levels right, which will make you lose more fat in the next week of dieting.

I said in my post it was water, etc. They don't usually work for me. Everyones diff... everyone's heard what I'm gonna say.

i dont see any more muscle being retained with refeeds then without. Secondly you WILL NOT get lean as quickly on a diet with refeeds as a diet without. ive been there done that. i mean who wants to go 8 weeks or more dieting with the refeeds, when you can diet hard for 4 weeks and get ripped fast. when refeeding i tend to over do it and im shure other people do the same thing, and whats even worse with the refeeds sometimes a refeed can last 2 3 or 4 days which makes it really hard to get back on a strict diet and that can really set u back alot. this is just the way i see it.

i remember earlier this year when i made another dieting post, i had gotten a really low bodyfat percentage i think i was about 6 percent body fat, that is really low for me. and i wasnt using refeeds, but the DUMBEST fuckin thing i did was...... i was thinking to myself hmmm"maybe i should refeed so i can boost my leptin" ok i did the refeed but i went wayyyyy fuckin over the refeed and that refeed lasted into 2 days then 3 then i was so depressed and pissed at my self because i shure as hell didnt look like 6 percent no more, so i was like fuck it, im gonna start bulking now scinse i srewed up.

in my opinion it seems the best way to start puttin calories back in your diet when u reach your desired body fat is weekly adding less than a 100 calories per week. i think the slower the better

Nclifter, here's a study u might find interesting. You were talking about slowly adding carbs back into the diet after an extreme diet. Its obviously practical, and here's a study that supports it. It was done after a Protein Sparing Modified Fast (basically low calorie, lean protein diet w/ low carbs and fat)

Short and long term results of a progressive reintroduction of carbohydrates (PRCH) after a protein-sparing modified fast (PSMF).

Bettens C, Heraief E, Burckhardt P.

Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital-Chuv, Lausanne, Switzerland.

Most studies report on a more than 50 percent weight regain 2-3 years after PSMF. We studied the effect of a progressive reintroduction of carbohydrates (PRCH) after a PSMF diet based on natural foods which delivered 800-1200 kcal, 1.2-1.4 g protein/kg of ideal weight, less than 40 g CHO/day. Among 1270 outpatients between 1981-1985, 87 (18M, 69F, age 41.3 +/- 13.8, BMI 32.9 +/- 5.1) followed both PSMF and PRCH. Follow-up was obtained for 57 patients, 1/3 by direct examination, 2/3 by letter. Weight remained stable during PRCH, in opposition to other reports. Best results during PRCH were found in patients with optimal compliance to PSMF, as measured by rate of weight loss (r = 0.284). Only about 40 percent of the obtained weight loss was regained 39.5 months after the treatment. Progressive reintroduction of carbohydrates prevents the expected weight regain after PSMF and even seems to have a positive effect on long term weight maintenance.

PMID: 2613405 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Top Bottom