Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New Routine - Critique

Majestyc

Please evaluate my new workout program. All suggestions, opinions, and feedback are appreciated.

* Sets/Reps: 12,10,8,6 or 4 x 8
* Abs: 2 times a week.

Sunday, Saturday, Monday - Rest Days

Tuesday - Shoulders and Triceps

Dumbbell Seated Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise
Dumbbell Alternating Front Raise
Barbell Back Shrug

Dumbbell Decline Triceps Extension
Rope Pushdown
Cable Kickback

Wednesday - Back

Barbell Deadlift
Barbell Bent Over Row
Dumbbell One-Arm Row
Cable Seated Row
Hyperextension
Pullup/Chinup

Thursday - Chest and Biceps

Dumbbell Decline Bench Press
Dumbbell Incline Bench Press
Dumbbell Flat Bench Press
Machine Fly

Cable One-Arm Preacher Curl
Dumbbell Incline Alternating Curl
Barbell Standing Curl

Friday - Legs

Barbell Squat
Leg Extension
Seated Leg Curl
Seated Calf Raise

have you bothered to search, or look at any of the stickies? specifically the one on how to get advice on the board? or the training information vault?

Majestyc said:
Please evaluate my new workout program. All suggestions, opinions, and feedback are appreciated.

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Barbell Back Shrug

Rope Pushdown
Cable Kickback

Wednesday - Back

Barbell Deadlift
Barbell Bent Over Row
Dumbbell One-Arm Row
Cable Seated Row
Hyperextension
Pullup/Chinup

Machine Fly

Barbell Standing Curl

Friday - Legs

Barbell Squat
Leg Extension
Seated Leg Curl
Seated Calf Raise

Shoulders/Triceps:

-Too many shoulder exercises. Start with lateral raises (or upright rows, anything to hit those lateral deltoids). Follow that with an anterior deltoid exercise (I suggest either DB Presses, Military Presses, or Seated Presses). Finish with a posterior (rear) deltoid exercise. That's all you really need. I do shrugs with back, but you can do them Shoulders if you want.

-For triceps I suggest at least one mass building exercise (either CGBP or Dips) and 2 other exercises tops. I always liked either skullcrushers or pushdowns to hit that outer part of the tricep and overhead extensions to finish the horseshoe look.

Back:

-Begin with Pullups/Chinups to warm up your lats before hitting your major exercises.

-Deadlifts. Don't exceed 5x5 (IMO). Low reps, high weight.

-Get rid of 1 arm rows.

Chest/Biceps:

-Are you hitting biceps directly after back or with a day of rest? They may still be tired. Yes, you are. That could be an issue, but not a major one since you don't need them for chest.

-No need to do 3 bench presses. Do dips instead for the bottom of the chest. I suggest doing incline and flat, but making one a barbell exercise to add more mass.

-Machine flyes? Really? So you have dips. And maybe flat barbell press and incline DB press. How to finish. Either DB flyes (either flat or incline) or cable crossovers. But no machine flyes. Not at all.

Legs:

-Begin with leg extensions to warm your quads up. Follow that with the squats. Since you get 3 days off and don't do legs again, hit the quads again. Remember, the extensions should just be warmups (like 15 rep sets). So here, add lunges or the leg press.

-Leg curls are good for hamstrings. SLDL's are even better. Hyperextensions also work the hamstrings well.

-And lastly, try doing both standing and seated calve raises. But don't do these like your chest for example. Alternate between high weight, lower rep, slow movement and lower weight, higher rep, faster tempo. Also only rest 20-30 seconds between sets. Same for abs.

You don't need 4 sets of every exercise. For your major ones (bench press, squat, barbell row, etc) yes. But 1 or 2 should be warmup sets. 3 working sets after that max. And don't always feel the need to do 8 reps. If you can do some more, do it. Leave everything you have in the exercise. Don't walk away knowing you could have done more.

Also, give us some stats (how long you have been working out, weight, height, age, goals, etc). Maybe we can suggest a whole different workout than this template.

Majestyc said:

Dumbbell Lateral Raise
Barbell Back Shrug

Rope Pushdown
Cable Kickback

Wednesday - Back

Barbell Deadlift
Barbell Bent Over Row
Dumbbell One-Arm Row
Cable Seated Row
Hyperextension
Pullup/Chinup

Machine Fly

Barbell Standing Curl

Friday - Legs

Barbell Squat
Leg Extension
Seated Leg Curl
Seated Calf Raise

too many exercises for shoulders and back

I have updated my routine. Please suggest a day order and sets/reps for each exercise. Also, please tell me if the exercises I chose are fine.
Thank you very much.

Triceps:

Barbell Close Grip Bench Press
Decline Dumbbell Skullcrusher
Rope Pushdown

Biceps:

Barbell Curl
Hammer Curl

Chest:

Barbell Flat Bench Press
Cable Crossover
Chest Dip

Back:

Barbell Deadlift
Pullup/Chinup
Barbell Bent Over Row
Cable Seated Row
Hyperextension

Shoulders:

Barbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raise

Traps:

Cable Back Shrug

Legs:

Leg Extension
Barbell Squat
Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift
Seated Calf Raise

how can anyone give you good advice without any background on the trainee. again look in the vault, show some initiative to educate yourself. anyone throwing random exercises at you without knowing anything about you doesn't know shit.

Majestyc said:
I have updated my routine. Please suggest a day order and sets/reps for each exercise. Also, please tell me if the exercises I chose are fine.
Thank you very much.

Triceps:

Barbell Close Grip Bench Press
Decline Dumbbell Skullcrusher
Rope Pushdown

Biceps:

Barbell Curl
Hammer Curl

Chest:

Barbell Flat Bench Press
Cable Crossover
Chest Dip

Back:

Barbell Deadlift
Pullup/Chinup
Barbell Bent Over Row
Cable Seated Row
Hyperextension

Shoulders:

Barbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Lateral Raise

Traps:

Cable Back Shrug

Legs:

Leg Extension
Barbell Squat
Barbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift
Seated Calf Raise

fast twitch fibre muscles use 6-7 reps ( chest/legs/bis/tri/delts/back/ , slow twitch use 10-12 (calves/abs/side delts/traps/forarms)

do workout 3 times week ( warm up with the first lift and after that the rest of muscles will not need warming up cause its the compound movement the warmed the rest of body up) # working sets is next to exercise

mon, chest/delts/tri
1) flat barbell bench x2 2)incline db press x2 3) wighted dips x2 4) db shoulder press x2 5) side later rise x1 6) close grip bench x2 7) skull crushers x1

wed, back/trap/bi, 1) deadlifts x2 2)wide chins x2 3) BB rws x2 (over hand grip) 4) bb shrugs x2 5) bb curls x2 6) db curls x1 7) wrist curls
x1

fri , quads/hams/calvs/abs 1) BB squat x3 2) leg press x2 3) stiff leg dead x2 4) ham curls x1 5) seated calv x2 6) standing calves x1 7)decline wieghtnd crunches x3

keep a journal , find a wight thats challenging, increase the weight EVERY week, eat 500 cal above maintainence 2gprotien/lb of wieght, u will get strong big and not overtrain,

peace

Top Bottom