Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need The Best Meal Plan Please!(diet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...this is BAD!

I didnt say anything sarcastic?

Whats the matter with you?
Take a chill Pill????? Im not even mad.

I was being serious when i said a 100 fitness and bikini models go through this site.
If you guys take that as being mean or sarcastic, oh well.
You took it the wronnnnnggg way and you need to relax or take a chill pill..

Thanks for the book...I will get it for her..

As I was posting the boards went down :rolleyes:

1. If she's a veggie girl- search for MS and SteelWeaver

2. No diet works the same in two different bodies

3. Search and you WILL find some guidelines even amounts but they must be tailored to an individual

good luck in helping your girl.... :idea: try to get her here she could learn something

kel :)

It is almost impossible for us to give her a meal plan that will work unless we know what her training is like - that is like asking a chair to stand on one leg. As it is now she is doing waaaaaay too much cardio and not eating nearly enough. In order to get toned she is going to have to add some lean mass and in order to do that she is going to have to eat and lift hard until she gets it where she wants it and then go to a maintenace plan. I am going to link a couple of threads that have talked about this at length
http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114289&perpage=20&pagenumber=1
http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64969&highlight=introduction

The Body For Life book give a great explanation of nutrition and how to put it together, it will help her see why what she is doing isn't working. As far as the training and the cardio I think there are better ways to skin that cat but it can get someone headed on the right path.

I will also tell you that until SHE sees that what she is doing isn't working and SHE wants to change it you are wasting your breath.

Hey badass. Sorry if you feel frustrated - I understand wanting to post a question and get a quick easy answer, but the problem with that is that, when it comes to dramatically altering the shapes of our bodies through exercise and nutritional manipulation, there really are no easy answers. Lots of "bikini models" as you put it, probably DO go through this site, but that doesn't mean that their diet is the optimal one for your girl.

The process of changing eating patterns is a long and sometimes difficult one. If her eating habits are as bad now as you suggest, then any plan that the more "nutritionally advanced" ladies here (for want of a better term) can give you, will be basically inedible and impossible for your girl to cope with, mentally and physically. She will give up, orworse, not even start. To go from purely fruits and veggies to 6 carefully planned and prepared meals a day consisting basically of chicken or egg whites and oatmeal and yams, with broccoli, is a HUGE, and I would say, impossible, jump.

Why don't you get her to come here and read the stickies, read through old posts on diet and training, post what she's eating, and THEN we can start helping her make small, incremental, but significant alterations to her nutritional intake? That way, the changes can slowly become a fixed part of her LIFESTYLE, rather than a temporary quick fix.

IS she actually vegetarian?

Okay, too many people here are saying that if she's a vegetarian she can't get protein unless she changes her beliefs and starts eating meat. That is bullshit. I am so tired of hearing that from people. If she's vegan it will be tougher to do, but its still very possible. Ask Ceebs, who is vegan and in great shape!
Assuming that she is not vegan, then foods like nonfat cottage cheese, egg whites, tuna, salmon, and whey protein powder will be wonderful for meeting protein needs.
If she is vegan, then she ought to look into alternative sources like soy isolate protein powder, tofu, soy milk, nuts, seeds, natural peanut butter, beans, legumes, etc. Again, I'm sure that MS and Ceebs will have more recommendations for alternative protein sources.

VLC - I don't think anybody here is saying that...we are all well aware of Ceebs and MS. I think they are just trying to clarify if she is in fact vegan as it will take more effort on her part to get the necessary amount of protein. If she is vegan as part of her belief system then cool but if she simply doesn't eat meat because she thinks it will make her fat then that is a whole different thing.

Also, since you keep asking for a diet plan, here's a sample of the sort of food I eat in a day. Its not perfect, but it is a start.

.5 cup oatmeal with 1 scoop triple threat 360 protein powder (20g protein)
1 tbsp flax oil
multivitamin

1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
salad: dark green lettuce, spinach leaves, peppers, mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes, cabbage
apple

fiber one cereal with soy milk

2 scoops protein powder (40g protein) after workout with glutamine and creatine

6 oz of tuna or salmon with 1 or 2 tbsp of low cal mayonnaise (15 calories per tbsp)
1 yam

Sorry then, Temple. If she thinks meat will make her fat, then yes she's misinformed about it. However, not eating meat is not something that needs to be "corrected," even if she's avoiding it for the wrong reasons.

VLC, I don't think anyone said she HAS to start eating meat - like Temple said, we're just trying to clarify in order to help better - there are even bigger challenges to changing a nutritional lifestyle when one has dietary restrictions. As you know, I am veggie, too. And I don't eat any fish or seafood - ovo-lacto-vegetarian. This is also a very possible and viable BB nutritional lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom