Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need advice with my nutrition plan...can't get below 9%BF

good luck staying permanately below "8-9%"

pitbullrocco said:
good luck staying permanately below "8-9%"

Particularly if you are goign to start a bulker soon...

To get over a plateau, esp as you get leaner, you can do that short term leanness stuff - but that amounts to the equivalent of short-term manipulation of water, etc. so you look a certain way for a certain day -- i.e. show day (or school reunion, photo shoot, etc) Note that most competitors usually blow up 10-20 lbs within 2 weeks as their body adjusts itself to even out the extreme swings its gone thru during the show prep and especially during the last week or two.

I'd go along the same lines as Bunny says -- your body reflects your current lifestyle. If you want to get past a hump, you have to make changes that are significant enough to spur a response from your metabolism. These changes can include a change up in your cardio style, possibly a change in your training - for ex, since it is very hard to continue building (or "massing") while you are trying to cut where your body is comfortable building, run w/ it and go for more reps or supersets instead of heavy lifting, low reps, high weights. Possibly a bump in your cardio sessions.

But diet is where the difference is made usually. It would help you alot if you put your listed meal plan into a food counts program like www.fitday.com to get an accurate count of total cals & the macro ratios. That will give you some better information to make some tweaks around. I'd also further optimize your macro sources - bread sux as a carb source, are you eating enough protein? fats? carbs? etc. Are you getting enough cals? If not then your body may be holding on to your bodyfat to preserve its energy sources before it runs out of that & also starts catabolizing muscles.

Also consider carb cycling - that's one way to help minimize muscle loss while sneaking in 1-2 days of fewer complex carbs eaten, though your body will continue to burn as if it were getting the higher expected amount, but then go back to the expected amount just before your body decides to adjust down metabolism to accommodate the lower amount of carbs.

lightout said:
Hi
Im 31 6'2'' 192lbs about 8-9% BF(i am using a caliper) i have been following a cutting diet for the past 8 weeks now,but for the past 2 weeks now i have been block at 8-9% BF i can get it any lower maybe i have to change my diet so please take a look at my nutrition plan:

MEAL 1- 2 egg,5 egg whites,2 slices of whole wheat stone ground bread,1 TBS of flax seeds.

Cut the wheat bread add 1/2 cup raw oats

MEAL 2- 2 scoops of whey protein,1 cup of skim milk,1 apple

Cut the apple and skim milk. Add two tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter

MEAL 3- 200g of chicken breast,1/2 cup of brown rice,1 cup of cabbage,1 apple.

Cut apple

MEAL 4- 1 can of tuna,1 cup of lentils,2 cups of lettuce.

MEAL 5- 200g of chicken breast,1/2 cup of brown rice,1 cup of cabbage

MEAL 6- 1 cup of 1% cottage cheese,1TBS of sugar free jam,1 TBS of flax seeds.

Cut Sugar Free Jam
And i use 1 TBS olive oil in my eggs and some when i boil my rice.

I train 4 days a week monday,tuesday,thursday,friday.I do sets of 8-10 reps.I do cardio 30min 4 days a week.

Please give me your opinion.

P.S. I am starting a clean bulk in a few weeks.what should i change in my diet so it becomes a BULKING DIET?

Incorporate these changes. Report back in 2 weeks and I gurantee you will have results if your fitness and lifestyle are in order

Top Bottom