Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My pet peeve in gyms..2 plate squatters

FitnessFrk said:
ditto to what needsize stated...

going past parallel is bad for the knees..WRONG !

Exactly, if it was bad for the knees, why is it that I have bad knees from football as a teenager, but can squat over 4 plates(405) to the floor for reps and my knees never bother me?

Japanese machine said:
i never go below parellel, not good for the knees. also only the first bit of rom "really works the quads", as you go lower you hams and glute kick in big time. some people avoid deep sqaust cause the dont want a big ass!

Lifting myth #317

Like the last few bros said. You should be tea-bagging the floor:)

My ass definetly got big from going ass to floor. Its not huge or anything, but it was out of proportion with my legs. I've built up my hams, so now everything is OK. Some people tend to get big asses more easily, so you should be careful when going below parrallel on squats. Now I stop at parrallel, or maybe slightly below. It hits the quads just as well, in my opinion.

I'd hate for any part of my body to get TOO big or anything...lol...

People find every excuse they can not to squat...and when they do they want to find an excuse to make them as easy as possible.

Squats are not meant to be easy...they are meant to be hard!!! They are also meant to make you get bigger and stronger.

B True

I don't know about anyone else, but if I have the choice between an exercise using glutes, hams, lowback and quads or just quads, I'll pick the first one, thank you very much. Who gives a shit what my ass looks like when I'm squatting three times as much as you're doing for partials with my ass to the floor every time.

I find squatting all the way to bottom easier than just to below parallel. Anyone find that?

And I think my ass is getting bigger!

CoolColJ said:
I find squatting all the way to bottom easier than just to below parallel. Anyone find that?

And I think my ass is getting bigger!

Yes....very hard for me to stop at parallel....

B True

Top Bottom