Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My pet peeve in gyms..2 plate squatters

coolcolj

My pet peeve in gyms..2 plate partial squatters

The most annoying thing in my gym or any gym I've been too is the the quarter rep squatters. It must be a disease or something, people hate going down to at least parrallel, and worst of all they always seem to have 2 big plates on each side on the bar, even if they seem to be struggling with the weight!!!

Not one, three or more plates, its always 2 plates...

arghhhh

:destroy:

Last edited:
If this bothers you, you have too much time on your hands. Sure, the people who don't squat ass to the ground can be annoying. But hey, who cares how much or little weight people are pushing...

Like I said its just my pet peeve. Everytime I'm resting after my set of snatches or squats, somebody nearby is doing partial rep squats (tehre are 3 power racks), and its always with 2 big plates one each side! Is this a conincidence?! :)
And to make matters worst some of them seem to shaking all over the place, with their knees buckling left and right. They really should drop the poundage and do it properly.

I have yet to see anyone do a parallel squat or lower since I joined this gym a month ago! I think I'm the only one :eek:

Its none of my business, but it hurts me to see this. Ahh there are a lot of folks out there that need good advice and guidance :(

I'm one of three people I have seen squat 2 plates or more to parallel at my gym (been there just over a year).

I see lots of people loading up 2 plates to do 8" squats or 2" shrugs though.

I'm sure they have the legs to go with those partials. eek! If they ever dip below that point LOOK OUT! dont let it bother ya, it is their loss, all you can do is offer a suggestion if they ever ask. but they wont. :)

bbuniv.jpg

i never go below parellel, not good for the knees. also only the first bit of rom "really works the quads", as you go lower you hams and glute kick in big time. some people avoid deep sqaust cause the dont want a big ass!

CoolColJ said:

And to make matters worst some of them seem to shaking all over the place, with their knees buckling left and right. They really should drop the poundage and do it properly.

You want these folks to go below parallel with more then two plates, but in the same breath, you feel they need to lower their weight...:rolleyes:

I hear ya......

But everyone started somewhere, we were all shaking in the knees with poor form at one time. I do agree their seems to be some kind of weirdness about the 2 plate level, I suspect it may be about the limit of the average set of abs too support.

When we see a bro doing 1/4 squats we know he is up to something, when the kid / newguy does it's just ignorance. It's a tough call wether to help them or not, sometimes I'll say 'can I help you a bit with that?'. If they refuse help, they are on their own after that.

I would like to believe I am above average but I have a long way to go. If I need help I'll ask and I always get a great response.. Hint hint...

Spectre

People take offense when you try to help them with stuff like that. I am not saying I am an expert on anything but I def. have a good idea about most things. There is this one like self proclaimed bodybuilder at my gym who is prob 18 or 19, and I think so far all he has learned about was the bulking phase. He isnt even that big, maybe 200 lbs at 5'10 or 11...and his strength is pathetic(i dont know if he could even do a pullup, he does lots of partials including partials with the 100's on flat bench, but he carrys his gallon of water so he is a bodybuilder). I dont know, I dont let others form bug me, I see it all the time...I try and keep everything strict so that i get the best/safest gains possible and maybe someday they'll watch me doing some exersises and try it out themselves. Who knows...if the guys actually know what their doing and are doing partials with two and a quarter dont knock em just cause their tiny, but judging from the post i think we're talking about the idiots that wanna make claims that thye cant do and not have to actually do a real leg workout. I saw one high school had a lifting record chart on the wall, I knew a few of the kids and I think a couple of them would have trouble loading the bar to do some of those weights without resting after picking up each plate. If anyone is trying to defend themselves as one of those aforementioned "squatters" the only advice I have is that your ego is gonna get you hurt or hold you back. If you care that much about who sees what your lifting, find a way to go to the gym during the day when it isnt crowded and do full squats with light weight and build up to two plates or whatever you think you should be doing.

Japanese machine said:
i never go below parellel, not good for the knees. also only the first bit of rom "really works the quads", as you go lower you hams and glute kick in big time. some people avoid deep sqaust cause the dont want a big ass!

That's not necessarily true, my quad size has increased over 3 inches ever since I started going ass to the floor, and my ass never got big.

Top Bottom