Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My journey to the new and improved me

silverstar1025 said:
So I should have had that before my workout also? What would I do without you? See I know some types of foods to eat, but have never known WHEN is the best time to eat them. So is it carbs before workouts and protein after?
I eat my protein all day lol. I find ways to add that shit into every meal. I need a lot of it though...

just asking her ladies but it would seem to me that the carbs in a rice cake are crap. Processed doo doo if you ask me. Just thinking out load thats all.

any way silverstar1025 I hope you liked that Idea I hooked you up with. I got lots more. If you like the stuff I come up with your going to love my book If and when it comes out. :)

silverstar1025 said:
So I should have had that before my workout also? What would I do without you? See I know some types of foods to eat, but have never known WHEN is the best time to eat them. So is it carbs before workouts and protein after?

Not that complicated LOL... You need the fuel that slow burning complex carbohydrates provide to get your through the day. And less as you start to wind down. So unless you do shift work or are very active in the later hours (as in tending bar at nights) then you don't really need to ingest that fuel so late in the day.

Your stomach does not function like the gas tank of a car (I think there is a book title in there somewhere LOL). As soon as you put food into your mouth (even before - ie salivation anticipating a meal) your body begins to break it down and absorb it. So it is best to eat more like a diabetic to keep your body chugging along on stabilized blood sugar.

You could eat the same number of calories throughout the day, but if you ingest them a bit differently it will most definitely affect your energy levels not to mention bf%.

For example - eating one big meal of 2K late in the day after starving all day long then heading pretty much to bed is a REALLY BAD WAY TO EAT regardless of what the source of those calories is. However, cut those SAME calories up into smaller meals, spaced throughout the day, ingesting the slow burning comp carbs earlier in the day.

silverstar1025 said:

Eating both are better for putting on muscle, before and after.

You will have to experiment a bit but here are a few examples of what I would do before and after:

Before:

100 - 200 g of fruit, any kind of fruit

Wait about 20 min, protein shake or protein mixed in with yogurt or tofu yogurt

After:

25 -35 g of whey isolate (I like the fruit flavoured ones)

I walk home and usually stop for grocery shopping, so about 30 min later

25 g bee pollen

Right now I am having 10-15 g of 20+ manuka honey on a ryvita or rice cake, then eat a proper meal within 30 min

Your muscles are really receptive to nutrients right after resistance training, and you want to FEED them so they can start to repair themselves bigger and stronger.

When I am on a serious mass building phase, and it fits into my schedule, I also like to have a nap or go to sleep asap after training and eating.

:)

needtogetaas said:
I eat my protein all day lol. I find ways to add that shit into every meal. I need a lot of it though...

just asking her ladies but it would seem to me that the carbs in a rice cake are crap. Processed doo doo if you ask me. Just thinking out load thats all.

any way silverstar1025 I hope you liked that Idea I hooked you up with. I got lots more. If you like the stuff I come up with your going to love my book If and when it comes out. :)

Yeah I know the rice cakes aren't the best choice, but again it is quick and painless for me. LOL. I definitely liked your idea and I will have to spend some time on the weekend making it all up so I can eat those daily for my better carb choices :) I am always open to any good tips you throw at me. You should most definitely do a cookbook. I would buy it for sure!

Tatyana said:
Eating both are better for putting on muscle, before and after.

You will have to experiment a bit but here are a few examples of what I would do before and after:

Before:

100 - 200 g of fruit, any kind of fruit

Wait about 20 min, protein shake or protein mixed in with yogurt or tofu yogurt

After:

25 -35 g of whey isolate (I like the fruit flavoured ones)

I walk home and usually stop for grocery shopping, so about 30 min later

25 g bee pollen

Right now I am having 10-15 g of 20+ manuka honey on a ryvita or rice cake, then eat a proper meal within 30 min

Your muscles are really receptive to nutrients right after resistance training, and you want to FEED them so they can start to repair themselves bigger and stronger.

When I am on a serious mass building phase, and it fits into my schedule, I also like to have a nap or go to sleep asap after training and eating.

:)

Thank you!! I am starting to understand a little better now thanks to you and BM too! Thank you BM! I have always known it is best to eat 5-6 small meals a day, but never knew when to eat what foods. It is starting to make better sense now. Hopefully soon you guys will be praising me for my choices, but right now I am still in learning mode and you all are helping me a lot! Thank you!

silverstar1025 said:
Thank you!! I am starting to understand a little better now thanks to you and BM too! Thank you BM! I have always known it is best to eat 5-6 small meals a day, but never knew when to eat what foods. It is starting to make better sense now. Hopefully soon you guys will be praising me for my choices, but right now I am still in learning mode and you all are helping me a lot! Thank you!

It's my pleasure. That is why we are here. Just remember that I was once as clueless/confused about diet/nutrition as you were and I am STILL LEARNING.

It's ok to make mistakes because that way you will learn to listen to your body. Not all food effects every "body" the same way. There are general rules of thumb and the inidvidual once they understand basic biology will be able to make the best choices possible regardless of the situation. :)

One of the reasons why it helps to write down what you eat.

1 - accountability. A lot of people don't realize how much (or how little) they are eating until it is added up and staring them in the face.

2 - learning curve. Once it is on paper it will become more clear rather than having to remember what you ate when and trying to understand the biology of it all at the same time.

Ok so I let this thing die didn't I. LOL I really sucked during the holiday time. It's time to dust off and move on. I needed a little push so I decided to join a fitness boot camp. It is done by an ex military guy now trainer. I thought about a personal trainer, but then I thought let me try this boot camp thing out. Holy crap!! Right now I don't think their is a single part on my body that does not hurt. I have done it two days now and I am in pain all over. He kicked are butts!! Hopefully this is the start that I need. He is VERY motivating and does not let you give up at all. I love it!! I don't have it again until Monday thank God because I have to recover my aching muscles. Hopefully my legs will feel good enough to do a little cardio on the elliptical tomorrow.

Tatyana said:
How's your diet going hun?

You know I am eating healthy, but still unsure if I am eating the right things at the right time. I suppose if I am going to figure it out I should start posting it here again to get some tips. :) I will start doing that today I promise :)

Yesterday:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal
Meal 2: 1 orange
Meal 3: Grilled salmon and mashed potatoes ( I know that was a big no no)
Meal 4: Protein shake
Bootcamp 1 hour
Meal 5: Grilled chicken breast and 1 cup of peas.

Top Bottom