Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My journey to the new and improved me

S

silverstar1025

So I decided I will give journaling a go to see if it helps me stay on track! I am sure it won't be as entertaining or helpful as some of the experts on here, but hopefully it will help me be accountable and get some of you great ladies to give me some pointers.

I was sick and my kids were sick so I have not been to the gym in a month! So bad! I am starting back up again though. I used to get to the gym after work before my daughters lessons, but I usually only had time to do cardio. I have been lacking in weight training big time!! I have come up with a solution to make sure that I am getting some training done. My friend at work and I have decided that we will go during lunch on Tuesdays and Thursdays and train together. I will also do it on the weekends since I have more time. We plan to start doing that today. I am sure I am going to be sore as I have not weight trained in some time now.

7:00am: 2 rice cakes (usually I have oats, but I didn't realize I didn't have any left at work so this will have to do for this morning.

Ma'am I feel you but two rice cakes? You purposely trying to starve? LOL

Next time put some peanut butter and a dollop of cottage cheese if you like. Grab an apple or some carrots and you are good to go. If you can't eat it all at once, get dressed between bites. I know this sounds strange but it's the only way that I can eat sometimes as I can only put small quantities in my stomach often times.

As for the weight training - don't jump back in balls to the wall - sure way to get injured and set yourself up for failure.

Start by whole body workout circut-type stuff, not killing yourself just working enough to get the blood pumping to your muscles. The days in between will allow enough rest. Then next week you can alternate upper body with lower body workouts. And the week after IF YOU WANT you can take it up to breaking your body into smaller muscle groups.

Try not to the all of the holiday obligations to "steal" YOUR time. Think of it as being self-employed - you must always pay yourself FIRST. :)

Getting back into it is always the hardest part. After a few weeks it gets easy and then you start loving it again. Good luck to you. I can come up with some great time saving food ideas. That are easy fast cheap and good tasting. hit me up some time.

BIKINIMOM said:
Ma'am I feel you but two rice cakes? You purposely trying to starve? LOL

Next time put some peanut butter and a dollop of cottage cheese if you like. Grab an apple or some carrots and you are good to go. If you can't eat it all at once, get dressed between bites. I know this sounds strange but it's the only way that I can eat sometimes as I can only put small quantities in my stomach often times.

As for the weight training - don't jump back in balls to the wall - sure way to get injured and set yourself up for failure.

Start by whole body workout circut-type stuff, not killing yourself just working enough to get the blood pumping to your muscles. The days in between will allow enough rest. Then next week you can alternate upper body with lower body workouts. And the week after IF YOU WANT you can take it up to breaking your body into smaller muscle groups.

Try not to the all of the holiday obligations to "steal" YOUR time. Think of it as being self-employed - you must always pay yourself FIRST. :)

Thanks! I know I should have ate more. 1 hour later I did have one more rice cake. LOL I need to do some more grocery shopping this weekend.

I will take your advice and start easy doing full body workout today!

needtogetaas said:
Getting back into it is always the hardest part. After a few weeks it gets easy and then you start loving it again. Good luck to you. I can come up with some great time saving food ideas. That are easy fast cheap and good tasting. hit me up some time.

I would love that Needto! Time is always a big problem for me being a full time working mom. I am always on the go and have limited time in the evening to prepare my meals for next day. Quick and easy is what I like!

one of my favorite meals used to be ANPB (2 tablespoons) with two rice cakes...then it got switched to CC but I still loved that meal I was so sad when it was gone!

Eat it up gobble gobble that is making me hungry :heart:

7am- rice cakes
10am- small piece of sirloin steak & 1 cup peas

Workout at 11am- leg training day. I worked on 6 different machines.

12:30- New Whey liquid protein shot
2:30- Can of tuna & apple
5:30-Grilled chicken salad with italian dressing

Last edited:
silverstar1025 said:
10am- small piece of sirloin steak & 1 cup peas

Workout at 11am- leg training day. I worked on 6 different machines.

12:30- New Whey liquid protein shot

The only thing missing is a slow burning complex carb. The steak and peas are great but not enough for your earliest meals and certainly not before working out.

Add either yam, brown rice or oatmeal... even a slice whole wheat bread or coupla rice cakes would be better than skipping this important part of your earliest daily meals.

So I should have had that before my workout also? What would I do without you? See I know some types of foods to eat, but have never known WHEN is the best time to eat them. So is it carbs before workouts and protein after?

Top Bottom