Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

MM107's Road To Record Breaking. The Journal of a Madman

Tweakle said:
nice workouts man, I always use a belt over 500 nowadays, simply because going raw over that causes a little more tipping forward.. but anything under whatever your 'mark' for form breakdown is should always be raw

heavy stuff, great idea to jot every warmup set down too

btw I ended up doing those sumo pulls I told you not to do ;)

hey guys sorry about the delay in replies,

I def know what you mean, and i try to follow the VETERAN advice here on the board. Ive been really working on my lower back and staying arched while squatting. My tipping has lessened definately, and in fact i dont use a belt that much at all.

LOL i hope you killed them sumo's lol

Illuminati said:
AAPF is amateur and is tested
APF is not tested.

if you are going to do the meet on Dec2, don't start your cycle until after that meet, as there is a high chance that you would get tested, even higher chance if you finish in the top 3 for your weight class.

Like Bossman said, dont go below a 12" box. Lately I've been using a 11" box with a 3" cushion on top of it (when I sit, it squishes all the way down). this puts me at parallel. that is the key to speed squats. you want to at least hit parallel, if not slightly below. in your videos, it looks like you are very close to parallel, but not sure 100% if the lift would be good in a meet.

Here is a great article by Sebastian Burns on setting up for shirted bench.

http://www.metalmilitia.net/articles/burns/CompetitionBenching.htm

Oh i def will wait till after competition, no reason to lie ya know. This is a sport. In this sport if you want to be on the top, you sometimes have to ask, do i really want to do this long term? do you want to risk injuring yourself for pure pride, and my answer is YES. I am willing to bleed and be crippled for weeks just for the pride of being a Strong Alpha Male.

But one think i dont like is cheaters, they have a division for people who are 'on' so why cheat ya know. So i definatey wont be on anything, especially not if im competing natural ya know.

Ive been working box squats on my dynamic/speed day for legs. Alot of band work for the squats have been done.

Thanks for that article man, i read it and learned ALOT of stuff. Also, i took a sunday and went down to Skiba's gym to learn how to bench with a shirt from some really amazing guy named Tone who basically showed me the ins and outs of the bench shirt.

Warning: This is going to be a Long ass Update!

Coach basically had us working Openers.
Saturday AM workout.

Deadlift
warmed up to 475
475x1
475x1 - Pulled like Cake. It literally flew off the floor. This is going to be my opener.

Squat Partials: Squat Cage Pin 7 with Cambered bar.
warmed up to 723
723x1
813x1
903x0 - Got it off the pins but couldnt lockout.
903x0
903x0

I actaully lost the battle to 903. Me and my coach were going back and forth trying to crush it, literally we were screaming, i got it off the pins turned around and called him a pussy because he couldnt get it off the pins, wich was great because he tried again and he almost locked it out too. The weigh t was so heavy that i actually felt a weak spot in my calf muscle lol, and i actually collapsed, not let it down, i collapsed under 903. Sick weight.

Goodmornings from the Pins
135x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Box Squat w/ Bands
135x3 - Bands = Thick Green/Thick Purple/
135x3 - Bands = Thick Green/Thick Purple/Small Black
135x3 - Bands = Thick Green/Thick Purple/Small Black/Small Green

Then the mono tipped over when my buddy was going, crashed into the glass, but didnt break anything. god was on our side, we packed up and went home after that. lol

Monday's Workout!

Since on Saturday the monolift tipped over because we had too much bands on it withouth a weight in front to balance it out, i had to come in a crush it yesterday.

Squat:
Bands Used = Thick Blue/Thick Green/Thick Purple/Little Black/Little green

The tension up top had to be over 400lbs. When i deracked it from the mono, there was so much pressure/weight pulling my down it was insane.

Did 5 sets of 5
135x5 (with all the bands)
I realized my sticking point is in the hole, not lockout and not deep in the hole, its where you are coming up right at the bottom, i creap out of the sticking pooint and i can explode when i pass that point. I think the box squats will really help with my explosion power.

Glute Ham Curls:
4 sets of 10 reps.

And this was "light" leg day 2 days after insense leg day. Felt preety good about that, now i got untill SAT to heal up.

mm107 said:
Warning: This is going to be a Long ass Update!

Coach basically had us working Openers.
Saturday AM workout.

Deadlift
warmed up to 475
475x1
475x1 - Pulled like Cake. It literally flew off the floor. This is going to be my opener.

Squat Partials: Squat Cage Pin 7 with Cambered bar.
warmed up to 723
723x1
813x1
903x0 - Got it off the pins but couldnt lockout.
903x0
903x0

I actaully lost the battle to 903. Me and my coach were going back and forth trying to crush it, literally we were screaming, i got it off the pins turned around and called him a pussy because he couldnt get it off the pins, wich was great because he tried again and he almost locked it out too. The weigh t was so heavy that i actually felt a weak spot in my calf muscle lol, and i actually collapsed, not let it down, i collapsed under 903. Sick weight.

Goodmornings from the Pins
135x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5

Box Squat w/ Bands
135x3 - Bands = Thick Green/Thick Purple/
135x3 - Bands = Thick Green/Thick Purple/Small Black
135x3 - Bands = Thick Green/Thick Purple/Small Black/Small Green

Then the mono tipped over when my buddy was going, crashed into the glass, but didnt break anything. god was on our side, we packed up and went home after that. lol

how come you dont do your band work first? the band work will take the most out of you,

Illuminati said:
how come you dont do your band work first? the band work will take the most out of you,

Only reason is because this was to complete kill me,

Coach left, me and buddy were there and i was like yo, i dont know, but i really want to crush it...so we set up the bands after the workout...

thats the only reason.

mm107 said:
Only reason is because this was to complete kill me,

Coach left, me and buddy were there and i was like yo, i dont know, but i really want to crush it...so we set up the bands after the workout...

thats the only reason.

cool. one thing to think about....you are about 10 days out from that comp on 2Dec. you might want to think about scaling back your workouts so that you are on top of your game come meet time. most guys usually take the last week before a meet of. you have to remember, you can't get any stronger in the last 2 weeks, you can only get weaker (due to possible injury)

Illuminati said:
cool. one thing to think about....you are about 10 days out from that comp on 2Dec. you might want to think about scaling back your workouts so that you are on top of your game come meet time. most guys usually take the last week before a meet of. you have to remember, you can't get any stronger in the last 2 weeks, you can only get weaker (due to possible injury)

Yeap, week before the meet im completely off. no heavy lifting maybe some swimming but thats about it.

Basically next workout is bench/squat openers and thats it, should be easy day.

i just need more work in the shirt so the extra day is beneficial to me to learn the groove better.

DEF right tho, ill need the rest before the comp!

you'll feel like a new man when you start lifting at the meet. taking a week off before feels great. if you're not close to breaking into the next weight class i would eat an assload of calories and protien all week, it will help you recover and heal up fast.

illuminati said it exactly right, you can't get any stronger in the last 2 weeks, you can only get weaker. alot of people i know dont follow this theory and it comes back to bite them in the ass come go time. good luck bro

Droppin by to wish you a happy holiday if you are celebrating! How weight coming along? Sorry if I missed this, been MIA for a bit :)

Top Bottom