Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lets debate fat people

The issues are really

1-Socialized medicine yes or no?
2-Individual choice yes or no?
3-Preventability of some types of cancer.

Since few of us are oncologists or cancer researchers, #3 is beyond most of us.

That leaves the issues as 1 and 2 above.

nordstrom said:
how about 'how not to hurt peoples feelings'. lets debate that

Best post ever, Shamu.

We need to stop giving medical treatment to those who cant afford it.

Its a service.. you cant buy it.. you dont get it.

If you're 84 and you dont have insurance... no medical care. Period.

If you're obese and you cant afford insurance to pay for your diabetes medication.. or whatever else you need .. too bad.

We need to start letting Darwin do his job.

Milo Hobgoblin said:
We need to stop giving medical treatment to those who cant afford it.

Its a service.. you cant buy it.. you dont get it.

If you're 84 and you dont have insurance... no medical care. Period.

If you're obese and you cant afford insurance to pay for your diabetes medication.. or whatever else you need .. too bad.

We need to start letting Darwin do his job.

Maybe we need to lure all the welfare people to come to the food stamp places and deport them to a concentration camp and gas them in showerchambers.

nordstrom said:
And who said laziness is a bad thing? Laziness and a desire to get something for nothing is what fuels innovation and technology. If people weren't to lazy to walk we wouldn't have bikes. if people weren't too lazy to bike we wouldn't have cars. if people weren't too lazy to drive we wouldn't have planes.

I would say its the other way around...innovation and technology fueled from hard work led to more leisure time, hence more laziness.

Fat people to me are ineffective in the way that they cannot keep up with the number one concern in their life, their health. Ineffective people have always irritated me.

nordstrom said:
wtf? i showed i was right and terminal cancer is, to a large degree, avoidable with proper screening, good diet and a good lifestyle (most of which most people avoid). So is obesity. What is yoru problem?

Some is due to lifestyle Nordstrom, but the mutation that occurs within the cells can be due to a genetic predepostition, that is why screening is recommend more with family that have a history of cancer. Yes it could be a common social factor but if lifestyle was the only contributing factor than all smoker would have cancer, which we know isn;t true. So basically you need to look at suceptibily of DNA to be mutated and take out intrisic factors as normal mutation rate and lokk hereditary and social factor in an objective study.

Jkurz I am sorry about you father.

Obesity is not a disease IMO unless you are clinically diagnosed with hypothryoidism. because you have choice to lose weight or not. Lifetstyle is the major cause of fat gain in people, this could be either diet or excercise. So have a predispostion to store fats easily but the still have the choice to lose weight, it is just harder and takes more effort, it is not they will be obese no matteer what they do

Hey if people knew that if they have children and cant afford medical care for themm.. maybe they wouldnt have had kids in the first place..

as it is now.. all they have to do is show up and they are treated at everyone elses expense.

If people dont take care of themseleves when they are young and cant afford insurance to make up for a shitty lifestyle when they are older... too bad. Its a CHOICE.

Society should NOT be forced to pay for peoples bad choices.

Top Bottom