Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this just a big MYTH??

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
How important is it to do you cardio in the a.m?
I am really not a morning person I hate getting up early. But I have read so many times that it is so much more effective if you do your cardio in the a.m. plus you can get away with doing less and getting better reults.
If it is not a myth and I have to get my lazy ass up will 30 minutes be enough 4 times a week? Oh yeah any ideas of something fun to mix things up perferably outside.
:newbie:

I perform the majority of my HIIT sessions in the A.M.

Reason being is that your body is picking up steam (metabolism) at that time, and as the evening nears (and bedtime), your body begins to slow down, preparing for impending ZZZZZZZ's.

So, my thinking is the A.M. would be the perfect time to burn up excess BF or maintain BF%. I do perform SOME HIIT (boxing) in the evening (5-7PM); however my primary "burn bodyfat burn" time is in the mornings.

As for how much cardio for you is necessary? Well, what's your stats?

IMHO - it doesn't matter WHEN you do cardio,a s long as it gets done. If you are NOT a morning person, you might end up either 1) skipping cardio to sleep in or 2) not doing it very intense because you are tired. Everyone is different, so what is effective for me might not be the most effective for you.

That said, there is conflicting research on whetther to do it AM or PM, empty stomach or not. I think you should just do what works best for YOU. If you are losing fat doing cardio in the afternoon or evening - then why change it?

I used to be a die-hard cardio person in the afternoon and evening. Switched to AM cardio about 6 weeks ago and I LOVE it. I think it works better for me now. It sucked getting up early for a couple days, then I got used to it. Now I can't sleep in! AM cardio really suits me.

The difference is fuel.

First thing in the morning your doing cardio in a fasted state and the idea is that you will tap into the fat faster.

Hehehe...that's why I said idea. I have always had good luck from sprinting in the evening. My logic is that I burn off all the extra cals before I go to bed, so nothing goes unused/stored.

My opinion on this has never been very popular with the "scientists," though.

Stats are less than impressive at the moment. 5'7 165 have not gotten my bf done in a little while but I am pretty sure it is up around 20%. I want to drop 20-30lbs and drop about 5% bf. Any suggestions on lifting? I used to do hour of cardio 4 times a week it was in the eveing. Then I started reading that much cardio is the devil. So now I am somewhat lost. I really got off track when I got a desk job. Help please!!!
My diet is pretty clean I think.
Cottage cheese and fruit in the a.m. sometime all bran skim milk as well
Lunch is chicken rice and mixed veg.
Mid-day protien bar or tuna or cottage cheese and fruit
Dinner protien shake or chicken and green salad

spatts said:
Hehehe...that's why I said idea. I have always had good luck from sprinting in the evening. My logic is that I burn off all the extra cals before I go to bed, so nothing goes unused/stored.

My opinion on this has never been very popular with the "scientists," though.

Spatts you do your cardio at night?

Top Bottom