Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is this enough food???

Grim Divinity

Ok... I'm 194 6' 13% body fat

For the last year I've always known that Diet is the most important part of gaining mass.

Well, I finally decide to eat the part.

The only problem is... I think I'm eating too much. I'm gaining fat VERY quickly.. it's been 3 weeks on this new diet and I've gone from 183 @8 or 9% bf to 194 at 13 to 15%. Admittedly.. my strength has gone up so that is good, and I know that fat is an inescapable part of gaining mass... but I went from ripped abs... to being able to grab handfuls of fat all over my stomach. My pecs look horrible now... more like breasts then anything... well its not that bad... but at this rate I'll have gained 20 lbs of fat by july.

here is what I eat:

meal 1 --- 3/4 cup of oatmeal and 1 protein shake]
meal 2 --- 2 large potatoes, peanut butter sandwich
meal 3 --- protein shake and something like soup or pasta

meal 4 --- 2 large potatoes, peanut butter sandwich
meal 5 --- (post workout) protein shake, big meal... pasta, meat.. whatver something big with a lot of carbs and protein
meal 6 --- 2 large potatoes, 2 slices of bread, banana, sometimes another protein shake also

I also sometimes add in a 7th meal if I have the time..

Now what I need to know is..... is this overkill, just enough, or am I not even close????

What does your cycle look like? You might be eating to many carbs. You need to calculate you fat, carbs, protein and calories so you dont have to guess at how much of each you are eating. Once you get the numbers you will have an idea of how much to eat. I always like to add chicken and fish to my diet.

lots of potatoes and shakes but i didnt see you mention any lean protein sources such as, grilled chicken,roasted turkey,fish,lean meat all those potatoes and PB sandwiches are just going to sit on your gut also taper the carbs at night and substitute vegetables which are fiber carbs.

Pure honesty here. Your diet looks awefull. You are neglecting the most vital nutrient to bodybuilders...PROTEIN. You need to rework this whole diet approach. What you have is mainly carbs. Chances are good you arn't gaining as much fat as you think. More than likely it's water from all the carbs. From what I can determone your calories are very low actually on this diet. You really arn't eating a lot by any means. You are simply devoid of adequate protein and over emphasizing carbs. Ask more specific questions and we can narrow this down because right now you need to just erase your plan and start over. Start here by asking specific questions and it will build into a well prepared diet form that point.

yeah... i'm probably only getting around 210g of protein a day thats not 1.5 g/lb. I do eat meat but usually only after my workout... and mabye one other meal. The peanut butter and the pure whey shakes are my only other source.

I measured out my calories and I look to be getting around 5000 - 5500 .I used a calorie index off the web to figure that out... can't remember the url.

So more vegetables at night?? The only problem with the meat is that I work at a call center and we are not allowed to eat anything with odour(go figure)... so potatoes being one of the better sources of complex carbs and no having a discernable smell... i figured they were the way to go.

Too many carbs.
Starchy foods covert easily to sugar derivatives then to fat if not used
quickly. Good lean protein sources are best.
You gotta love fish, chicken, lean beef and the such.
Try the DIET discussion board.
Good Luck.
M.D

I tried the diet board, but the pool of knowledge here seems to be quiet a bit more exstensive.

So don't use potatoes as a source of complex carbs... eat more lean meat. gotcha

Eat plain peanuts instead of making a peanutbutter sandwich,that will eliminate the bread.Replace some of those potatoes with tuna or chicken breasts,your eating way too many carbs.You should see a noticeable difference in a couple of weeks.

I was just curious about something... in Arnolds Ecyclopedia of body building he mentions that he had a few friends that made great gains on a 'bread diet'. where they would ead a shit load of bread... isn't there starch in bread too? I was wondering if there is any correlation between that and my diet.... or in all probability I just really suck and should shutup right about now.

Top Bottom