Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm at the end of my rope....need some HELP

hardasnails73

I have a friend i really care about and have been helping her out for almost a year. She went from size 12-14 cloths to a 10 size, shes approximately 5'9 around 165-170, body fat is around 24-26%, she wants to drop more. I have her on about 1500-1600 calories diet with about 140-160 grams protein a day and about 120-130 grams carbs, and fat just fats in to place about 30 -40 grams a day. she does cardio in morning 45 minutes first thing at 145 beats a min (heart moinitor and eat regular every 3 hours. She has tried adipokintix, but becomes very irritable from it. Her thyroid tested in range but is slightly on the low to medium end. I was suggesting dropping calories by may be 200 calories to 1300-1400, but I think this would slow her body down. She has a very sentary job during the day, but trains like a mad man at night time and has her protein shakes and carbs after waits almost an hour and a half and eat protion and fiber before bed time. She doesn't eat sugar at all and eats very clean carbs and protein... I have tried every thing other then some t-3 or tricannan, but she wants to stay as natural as possible...summer times coming and she sees me changing weekly and can;t understand why she doesn't, her trainning is good and shes discpline, but some thing is holding her back and she tells me what she eats and i know she does it. Does any one have any other suggestions? I'm baffled. try high low carb rotation version of atkins diet, nothing seems to be working, tried it change up cardio modes high to low intensity Nothing. So basically she spinning her wheels and not going no where. I analyized diet and training regumment and even blood work nothing seems to be out of place
I gave her 3 options
1. tricanna
2. t-3
3. lipo

Any women experience simlar problems?
Need imput

Thanks

Her calories may be a bit low.....can you give us a sample diet of exactly what she eats. There may be some little things that could use changing. Make sure she is drinking plenty of water, also is she taking any type of fat burner??? Those can help. She may want to see a dr. as well and check out some things...there could be other reasons why she isnt losing. Is she on BC pills?? Those can make a difference as well. Keep cardio up try to go an hour if possible. You may want to change up her diet a bit, try rotating her carbs and have her go 1 day high carbs and 2 day low carbs. just to shock the system a bit. Have her write down everything she puts in her mouth every day and so you know exactly what is going on. Dont drop her calories anymore, she will not lose........

Honestly,
I think she may have a high estrogen level which is making her body hold on to the fat. Shes not on BC, and her diet is clean as a whistle, shes on adipo kinetix 2 times a day, her body does not tolerate it very well. I was thinking about sticking her on 20 mgs of nolvadex a day to se if that would work. To see if it is estrogen problem, if she does start to drop then i solved my own problem, but she cut out all wheat and diary products and anything else that could cause estrogen rise, she is taking Evening primose oil as well and EFAs. I have been down all avenues. I think it is an estrogen problem more than possible thyroid !!

Try decreasing carb calories and increasing fat cals via a lot of good flax and a little extra virgin olive oil for two or three weeks. Don't expect rapid loss from this switch because she has been diet conditioned for a while. If she starts to bump down you can tweak farther from there. Just make sure the carbs are all low GI and complex as possible.

You might even consider using the one step back approach, in order to get a running start forward again with diet. (two steps forward, one step back) What I mean by that is gradually increase calories and slowly ease into a strength program. She will need the extra calories to add some muscle, and that will add lean body mass and weight to up her BMR. And of course you know that the extra muscle will allow her to lose fat easier after her body comes out of fat conservation mode. (from the dieting)

Looking at the diet and routine above, you are very competent to work with her, she's lucky to have you!

BE

even though no matter how hard she would diet and train....you can not fight hormones....your fighting a lossing battle and it will be over 10 months soon i have been working with her and very little progress. i don;t get to see her as often as i would like to :( because shes far away and with our work schedules we can't get together or i would !!

Hmmm, something is missing here.

Estrogen will make it HARDER to loose from butt & thighs, but not IMPOSSIBLE. What does her blood panel look like, post it directly along with her meal diary.

And in the mean time try the yohimbine HCL. Twin Lab Yohimbine Fuel is good enough for a low cost start, even though it isn't 95% pure. And it's available CHEAP at most supplement stores and WalMart.

BE

HORMONES, they are easily manipulated. You just have to know what levels you have and how you want to adjust them. Then add the appropriate drug or drugs.

hormones can also be manipulated through diet and excercise- but most people are too lazy so I feel that it is just to point out that chemical shortcuts are available.

Gotta agree with MP69 here. You're guessing to begin with. A simple blood test will tell her what's happening with estrogen levels (preferably measured mid luteal AND mid follicular phase). Until you know if that IS the problem, there's little point in trying to treat it as a prob (though most normal women have 'excess' estrogen from a bodybuilding point of view, she should still be able to drop BF below 25%). Also you should make sure she had a complete thyroid panel done. It is also pretty important to have everything else in order before she starts popping drugs like Nolvadex. It seeems many women get very little noticeable benefit from Nolvadex unless they're already pretty lean. It's also very bad news getting pregnant on Nolvadex (at the same time it makes you more fertile). It would be much better if you can manipulate her diet and exercise, plus thermogenics/yohimbine for now.

Also, as the others above said, it's time to change her diet. There are many options here, calorie zig-zagging, carb cycling, complete break from the diet for a few weeks to name a few. 10 months is too long to be following the same diet and expect results. She's made good progress so far so let's make sure she doesn't get discouraged.

Top Bottom