Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Cant Pull Fast

ExtraMile

High End Bro
Platinum
For some reason, from the floor I just cannot pull fast, this is what made my technique go wrong when I used to do highpulls, because I couldnt get the hip power to get the bar exploding off the floor I ended up pulling more with my arms. Does anyone know why this is and what I could do to improve it?

The beginning of the DL is not my weak point, it is my strong point so dont suggest deficit deads :)

lighter weights 50-60% of your 1RM for sets of 2-3 to build speed/power.

Also, I'm considering bands but you're still young, growing and progressing and don't think they are necessary for you yet.

What about sled pulls?

what are sled pulls?

and about the speed deads, I got told not to do them either, OneBreaths said either to clean and press or highpulls. I think Ill just keep working on it. Mainly because I hate clean and press and high pulls lmao

why no speed deads?

risk of injury, saibot and OB said to avoid them, and BK said to just stick at the deads they will improve, I guess Ill do that. Now I dont need to do highpulls or anything I dont need to pull fast from the floor and if I put RDL back in then once I get the bar up to knee height or so the hams should kick in and help. I also gotta practice using my glutes more...

From my experience, I don't think you need to do anything other than keep deadlifting and do proper cycling. From your numbers, it seems you subscribe to the microcyling and use weird poundages, but I wouldn't recommend it. For the lifts where 5 lbs is too little of a jump, add 10 lbs. There are no lifts where 5 lbs is too much of a jump, and if it is, then it's time to back up and cycle upwards again from a fresh starting point.

As far as hip strength, nothing will bring it up like squatting will. Deep, ATG squats will give you tremendous hip strength.

I wouldn't recommend speed deadlifts because the deadlift doesn't seem like an exercise that lends itself to speed lifting, but I could be wrong as I have never tried speed deadlifting or any kind of speed lifting. The only thing that worries me about speed deadlifting is that it would seem very difficult to maintain super tight, proper form while speed deadlifting. Another point is that ballistic, explosive motion can only be used at the cost of power, so I wouldn't recommend ever going above 70% if you try a speed lifting cycle.

Still, to me it seems as though the deadlift is pulling off the floor in a static concentration of power, not trying to rip it off the floor. Trying to forcefully rip it off the floor seems like an injury waiting to happen to me. However, once again, I've never done speed lifting and so maybe someone who has can better advise you on this subject.

If you'd like, PM me with your current cycles/routines and I could cook up something for you. Either on this forum or [email protected]. Good luck.

Top Bottom