Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i can't loose any more body fat

how much cardio should i be doing per day per week with and avr HR of 1330-150

• 30-45 min 5 days a week befor workout

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 45-60 min 5 days a week after workout

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

JoeBroadway

I'm a 32 years old male average frame. last year at this time i was 5'8 203 pounds and 27.0% body fat i started doing light cardio in my home home gym then some light weight training. i'm now down to 177 pounds and 20% body fat i've been around this now for about a month and i can't get past it. i know i've acccomplished alot but i'm still over weight and i can't tighten up the way i want. for the last 3 months i'm in the gym 5 or 6 times a week i started takeing hydroxycut hardcore and do between 30 to 60 min of cardio every one of those days plus weight training 3 days a week (with a personal trainer) two of those days. my diet is good. i drink 2 protien shakes a day(2hours befor the gym and 1 right after workout) for a total of 100 grams of protien. i drink well over 120oz of water a day and all my other meals are healthy. i just feel with all that i'm doing i should be seeing such better results, i'm starting to get discouraged. Please help what's the best plan to loose some more body fat and still gain some muscle?
Please help

Thanks,
joe

Please post exact training regimen and exact diet!

Oh, and welcome to EF! :) I'm sure the good bros on here will help you out!

Well there is no point in lying so i will say that 80% of my diet is good.
So i'll start with that.
i wake up and have a monstermilk protein shake. low carb 350 cal 50 grams protein
then 3 days a week i do weight training followed by 45-60min of cardio
my weight training consists of one or two bodyparts for 5 different exercises, 3 sets of 15 reps at mod weight followed by another protein shake followed by 45-60min of cardio then 15 min in a sauna then maybe the hottub for 10
on the other 2 days i do the same just no weight training
when i get home i usually eat grilled chicken with salad low fat dressing
i only eat wholewheat or multigrain breads. i don't really eat pasta. I pretty much only drink water
now the bad i do drink a few nights a weeks vodka with clubsoda and do eat bad on occasion
i've been been doing this now for about 2 months. last month i was 174 pounds and 19.5% bodyfat
now after a month of really trying i'm 177 and 20.3% body fat??? i don't get it what am i doing wrong?

Variety is your friend!

The human body adjusts and adapts very quickly to routine.

I guarentee if you switch up your diet and cardio, more results will come.

Try varying your calories up and down (Higher cals on weight training days), try various different forms of cardio instead of the one same machine (Not saying thats what you are doing but I see a lot of people do their "favorite" machine over and over)

Plus cut all carbs after 5pm, if youre not doing so already.

Also, if you have time, you can try splitting up your cardio. 30 mins upon waking on an empty stomach then 30 mins again in the evening, preferably 2+ hours after your previous meal.

Cardio in the am before breakfast. Plus that is not enough water, you should be drinking 6-7 20oz bottles a day - approx 1 gallon.

do u feel lethargic on ur diet? if so trying returning to ur maintainince calories for a week or so to let ur metabalsim n throids recover
also how many calories are u taking in a day, u can tell us wat ur eating but that doesnt tell us how much
info plzzzz?
also i noticed ur 177 pounds n 20% bf, in all fairness i congrats u but it seems alot of the weight uve lost has been muscle,
from previous experience i was like u similarly a year or 2 ago, i weighed 170 pounds n carried about 15 to 16% bf n not mater how hard i dieted or trained i either lost weight then regained it, crashed my metabalsim form such strict diet, overtrainined etc
now i have fixed that problem n this is how
at that body weight and muscle mass my maintaince calories wasnt very high, meaning in order to loose weight i had to eat an even lower amount to loose weight
as a person who loves food and has very wogish parents it is difficult to eat small amounts of food n train hard to loose weight
the way i solved this was i i said stuff it, i went into clean bulking for 2 years, i hit close to 100 kilograms in bodyweight n carried about 19% bf, i then dieted, why did i choose then? coz at that time i was able to eat neally 4000 calories (i did not use anabolics if anyone was wondering), at 4000 calories a day it was a struggle to eat that much healthy sources of food e.g rice, tuna, chiken breast etc, so dieting was a relief coz i was able to drop down to about 3000 calories (high ratio of protein 40%) n increase my cardio, n i slowly lost weight n didnt stuggle coz all i did was replace my carbs wif salad or stemaed vegies e.g brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, beans, onions, etc) n that kept me nicaly full

atm now i have neally finished dieting n am going to start my first run of anabolics soon, my stats atm are 12%bf at most, bench 90kilograms 12 reps, stiff leg deadlift 150 kilograms, barbell shoulder press 85 kilograms 12 reps, lat pull down 97 kilograms, 45 degree leg press 460 kilograms, there jsut a few, der not competive or huge amounts of weight, but for sumone whos been dieting for so long n about to start bulking again i am proud of myself n look for any excuse to take my top off

i think the key here is patience and tolerance, dont walk infront of that mirror every night n chek if uve lost weight, jus walk past n shrug ur shoulders, whether ur bulking or dieting dont get frustrated, it takes time
i know this is an odd suggestion but think of it at like this, if u got ur bf% down to 12% u would weigh wat 150 pounds if luky? at that body weight could u really continouslly eat small enough quantity of calories to maintain that? and thats IF ur able to get that low in bodyweight, from ur post it seems ur struggling already
also at that body weight will u really look that good wif ur top off? it is most likely ull have a thin waist n ur chest would probaly be inline wif it making u look lanky n small, a big chest n arms always makes that waist look smaller n attracts the ladys
also if uve got more muscle its alot easier to maintain the physique coz u can eat more,
take it from me i dieted for a year n never acheived the lean physique i wanted
almost 2 n half years later i have acheived beyond wat i hoped for
n have an amzing misses to show for it :) whos always interested :)
i should also state that i first started dieting wen i weighed 120 kilograms and im 6 feet tall, at that time i couldnt bench 30 kilograms, if that gives u an idea on just how fat i was n how high my bf was, i was obese, i think that jus shows anything can be acheived

You are probably a lot like I used to be. I thought I was doing everything to lose bodyfat and it just wasn't coming off.

Then I realized a few things

A) Your diet has to be spot on. Has to be 100% perfect.
B) Your training has to be spot on, 100% perfect.

That's the 2 most important concepts.

You also have to learn your body and how it reacts and how it works best.

For me, If I want to eat carbs... It has to be in conjunction with r-ala, sesapure, and CLA... PERIOD. I was eating 150 carbs per day, all low glycemic, complex carbs, all whole grains,etc... Diet was perfect, training was perfect... I couldn't drop fat! I added those supps in and it made a world of a difference. Like night and day. I found for me the only carbs that I could eat was whole oats, ezekiel bread (whole grain flourless bread) and waxy maize. Thats was it whole grain rice was a no no for me as were many other low glycemic carbs.

Then I went to CKD, TKD, and palumbo diet. I changed it up between the two... And I was able to break through even the worst of plateau's. For those who have trouble with carbs, these three diets are godsends. Through these diets, I am now down to 9% bf and I have lost very little muscle.

My thryoid is boderline as well... Which causes a huge problem. T3 absolutely worked wonders for me to get down to 9% and I am on my way to 7%... Without T3, in the past I have been able to maintain as low as 8% body fat.

Also another key for me was 2 cardio sessions per day, even on the days I workout. Cardio in the AM on empty... Afternoon workout... Then cardio before bed. This worked wonders!

Also eating enough calories is key. The only time I cut my calories under 2000 was to get down from 12% to under 10%. I cycled my calories between 1800 to 2800. I would stay between 2400-2800 for 5 days, then drop to 2000-2400 for 5 days, then drop to 1800-2000 for 5 days, then back to 2100-2400, then repeat. Finding your adjusted maintenance calories can be a bitch and is only really a guide because there are so many factors. But when I weighed between 185lbs and 200lbs I could eat anywhere between 1800 calories and 2800 calories and lose weight. This is a tricky area that I can still not fully put into words... Thats where learning your body comes in to play.

There are also many supps that have really helped me along the way. I mentioned a few earlier... In addition Levorex, Lipoflame, Lipostim, ECA, T3, green tea, Alcar, yohimburn and dermatherm have been cycled on and off to really get things going.

Basically I am trying to say get your shit together... If you operate at 80% you will plateau. If you have all cylinders firing and are at 100% the only thing between you and 7% body fat is time. It takes time and that is the only variable in my opinion for me. I control and have a handle on everything else. Sometimes, it just take a little time. I've been cutting for 4 months now... I am almost there. Some people can make serious transformation in shorter times... But for some it just takes time. Be patient. It's hard, but you once you are in control you will get there before you know it.

I'm a 32 years old male average frame. last year at this time i was 5'8 203 pounds and 27.0% body fat i started doing light cardio in my home home gym then some light weight training. i'm now down to 177 pounds and 20% body fat i've been around this now for about a month and i can't get past it. i know i've acccomplished alot but i'm still over weight and i can't tighten up the way i want. for the last 3 months i'm in the gym 5 or 6 times a week i started takeing hydroxycut hardcore and do between 30 to 60 min of cardio every one of those days plus weight training 3 days a week (with a personal trainer) two of those days. my diet is good. i drink 2 protien shakes a day(2hours befor the gym and 1 right after workout) for a total of 100 grams of protien. i drink well over 120oz of water a day and all my other meals are healthy. i just feel with all that i'm doing i should be seeing such better results, i'm starting to get discouraged. Please help what's the best plan to loose some more body fat and still gain some muscle?
Please help

Thanks,
joe

Only 100 grams of protien?!

Thats why you cant loose the body fat and ur fat intake or carbs are probly too high I would guess

The more muscle you have the more fat you burn or ull just look like a run away model

If your not loosing anymore u gotta change ur diet or trainging or both

I think he meant the two shakes alone total 100g. If all your meals have meat or eggs that's likely ok.

I don't see how you can be 20% at 177lbs. I'm your height , have 95lbs on you and I'm no Phil heath.

Regardless, I would increase the lifting to 60 min 4x weekly ease off the cardio a bit. You are skinny so you just are lacking muscle.

Top Bottom