Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hungry

jkmom

I know the obvious is to eat more but I am getting plenty of calories for my size and activity level.
I promise I am not whining! Just wondering what I am doing wrong!! I have changed my diet from high protein/fat low carb to what Daisy girl recommeds - egg whites/oats etc... I am trying to follow her clean eating program but I am hungry! Now I don't mind - I just wonder if others feel this way and if it goes away after a while? Mornings are the worst. Afternoons are easier.My schedule:
am cardio - usually a run
1 hour later 5 egg whites 1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked aots
2 hours - if I make it that long - protein shake with flax meal
2 hours low carb wrap sliced turkey breast
weight train
post work out protein shake
3 hours protein + veg
before bed - protein shake or protein snack + peanuts

Suggestions? Will hunger eventually decrease?
Thanks!

jkmom said:
I know the obvious is to eat more but I am getting plenty of calories for my size and activity level.
I promise I am not whining! Just wondering what I am doing wrong!! I have changed my diet from high protein/fat low carb to what Daisy girl recommeds - egg whites/oats etc... I am trying to follow her clean eating program but I am hungry! Now I don't mind - I just wonder if others feel this way and if it goes away after a while? Mornings are the worst. Afternoons are easier.My schedule:
1 hour later 5 egg whites 1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked aots
2 hours low carb wrap sliced turkey breast
weight train
post work out protein shake
3 hours protein + veg
before bed - protein shake or protein snack + peanuts

Suggestions? Will hunger eventually decrease?
Thanks!

Are you drinking water with all of your meals? This will help fill you up.

Personally, I find that protein drinks don't really keep me full unless I add flaxseed oil or other fat(peanut butter) to it. I have not seen Daisy's diet(the one she is recommending?) but you could add some low glycemic load fruits in there somewhere. You could also add some extra veggies to munch on if you are hungry (especially at your 3rd meal with your wrap, ie a huge salad or a bag of broccoli). You can also add cottage cheese in here (lowfat or 1%?) with fruit. Cottage cheese is casein and is slowly digested leaving you full longer (great late night snack). Also, I haven't calculate how much fat you are getting in your diet but adding EFAs into your diet will help you make you feel full and will provide energy.

Last edited:
eck said:
Are you drinking water with all of your meals? This will help fill you up.

Personally, I find that protein drinks don't really keep me full unless I add flaxseed oil or other fat(peanut butter) to it. I have not seen Daisy's diet(the one she is recommending?) but you could add some low glycemic load fruits in there somewhere. You could also add some extra veggies to munch on if you are hungry (especially at your 3rd meal with your wrap, ie a huge salad or a bag of broccoli). You can also add cottage cheese in here (lowfat or 1%?) with fruit. Cottage cheese is casein and is slowly digested leaving you full longer (great late night snack). Also, I haven't calculate how much fat you are getting in your diet but adding EFAs into your diet will help you make you feel full and will provide energy.

You are great!! Thanks for the excellent advice! I find the same thing with those shakes - when I add the flaxseed I feel better. Good advice on the vegetables and cottage cheese. I guess it just surprises me how much I eat with out gaining weight! I feel like a bottomless pit!

I am anything but an expert but I am losing bf like crazy right now and what I would say is your calories are way too low. I have lost a total of 50 lbs and have to say I am never hungry! What are your stats? I would not wait an hour after you run to eat, don't miss that small window of opportunity to replinish your muscles, also add your fruit here. I think what you are missing are good carbs, add some yams and brown rice in there, the only time I would cut back on carbs is in the evening. I would not wait so long after your weight training to eat, again this is the time to feed your muscles! I eat over 2000 cal a day and am starting to finally see my abs, so cutting calories is not always the answer!

n

jkmom said:
You are great!! Thanks for the excellent advice! I find the same thing with those shakes - when I add the flaxseed I feel better. Good advice on the vegetables and cottage cheese. I guess it just surprises me how much I eat with out gaining weight! I feel like a bottomless pit!

I started a thread entitled "critique my menu", that's a sample of my cutting diet (I'm assuming your goal is to cut and not gain mass right now based on your diet). I'm looking for feedback from the pros on this board but I think that most of it is fine.

Also, it not uncommon for women to need more food during that time of the month. For me, it seems that no matter what I eat, I'm always hungry.

jkmom said:
1 hour later 5 egg whites 1/4 - 1/2 cup cooked aots ADD FAT
2 hours low carb wrap sliced turkey breast ADD LOTS OF GREEN VEGGIES AND FAT
weight train
post work out protein shake FINE
3 hours protein + veg FINE, DON"T LIMIT GREEN VEGGIES AT ALL
before bed - protein shake or protein snack + peanuts FINE, BUT COULD EAT CC INSTEAD OF PEANUTS

Added my thoughts in ALL CAPS in your Quote.

Drinking enough water? Sometimes more water will help quench hunger, and staying hydrated is always good.

Snack on green veggies ANYTIME you are hungry. Brocolli, beans, celery...the amount of calories in them are so small but they can put something in your belly.

Let me know if this helps. :)

If you've just started this type of eating schedule recently, its going to take a little bit of time for your body to adjust to expecting food at those times. That is the point of scheduled eating if you are preparing for a competition - your body gets so attuned to getting certain types of nutrients at certain parts of the day, that you can tweak it so that by the end of your 12 week prep for the competition, you look exactly how you expected at a certain time of day on the saturday of your competition. So yes, your body does get used to getting certain types of feeds at certain times of day.

In the case of doing AM cardio & then waiting an hour to eat (if I read that correctly), DON"T wait that long. Especially in the morning on an empty stomach if I wait more than 10-15 min after I do cardio to eat, I'll probably keel over & get sick. I also notice that I usually get hungry again pretty quickly after I eat that first meal.

Although you are getting some oats in the morning meal, you might keep it at 1/2 c instead of 1/4. Also your only other carb (aside from fibrous) is in a low carb wrap -- perhaps replace that with a real good starchy carb like 3-4 oz sweet potatoe or brown rice. You do need some carbs in your day or you will just keep getting tired. You can also alternate the days that you eat more carbs than others (e.g. include the starchy carb vs eliminate it) - for example, match your higher carb days to training days & lower carb days to just cardio or no training days.

Again, if you are just getting going on that schedule, it may take a while to get past the feeling of starving all the time. But if it lasts longer than a few weeks, definitely throw in some more food. Try the unlimited vegies and esp after you do cardio or train, dont' want & get miserably hungry before you eat. The point of all this is to make it doable as a part of your lifestyle & not a 4 month sentence of pure gastric misery until you starve down to your target weight. The cardio + training will address the calories you eat if you fuel yourself correctly.

Thank you so much to all of you for your time and advice! I really appreciate everyones help and support. Silly question but.....I find I function best by eating a bigger breakfast instead of 2 or 3 smaller meals. I know from what I have read this is counter productive as far as increasing metabolism but I was just wondering your thoughts. Lastly, do any of you ever feel like just throwing in the towel with this whole diet thing? I am not suggesting eating junk or lacking nutrition in anyway...I am just thinking I would like to throw out my food scale and measuring cups, spoons etc... for a few days! I guess this is why it is SUPER important to visit these pages and seek support - so I stay on track!

Top Bottom