Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much protein can your body handle in one sitting?

meat19

does it also make a difference if the protein is liquid or solid?

can too much protein, say 400g a day be bad for you?

It's all relative to how much work you're doing in the gym, and how big you are to begin with.
The simple, basic bottom line is that too much protien (I'm talking extreme amounts) will send you into renal failure. That being said, I knew a guy that would drink liquified tuna (no shit) at about 300g per shake. A 150 bean pole that didn't work out would be in renal failure in no time.

There *IS* a theory about how much protien you can handle; I'm not sure, but I'll let the others speak up. In my experience, bodybuilders seem to know more about nutrition than actual dieticians.

Keep in mind you need to keep yourself super-hydrated to metabolize the extra protien.

I've heard and read in magazines and articles anywhere from 40-60 g...As Kona said, it's all relative to your workout regimine, IMO

It's all relative to how much work you're doing in the gym, and how big you are to begin with.
The simple, basic bottom line is that too much protien (I'm talking extreme amounts) will send you into renal failure. That being said, I knew a guy that would drink liquified tuna (no shit) at about 300g per shake. A 150 bean pole that didn't work out would be in renal failure in no time.******

You are full of shit up to your eyeballs, its morons like youself who give stupid misleading info to others that wreak havoc for neebies on this board.

50 is a good amount of protein per serving. although many bros can easily utilize 100grams plus post workout.

Stupid, misleading info? wreaking havoc for newbies? Wow, not only is that an ignorant response, it's not backed by anything but hot air. Tell you what, *YOU* go look up info about CRF, dialysis, ARF and protien intake. Then, go get some anatomy and pathophysiology eductaion, and concentrate on the renal and GI system; and maybe throw in some metabolism and hepatic patho. Then come back and respond. Not only are there forum posts on THIS board about the same topic, there's years and years worth of reasearch on the net about it.

BTW, I'm all about educating "neebies" when asked pertinent questions. The last thing I'd want to do is mislead someone. So your telling me it'd be ok for a untrained, 150 pound guy to pound back 300g of liquified tuna in one sitting?

Okaaaaaay then, I think you've already answered my question.:rolleyes:

The only question I have here is why on earth would someone drink 300g of liquified tuna, I think that is a greater quandry

That is a damn fine question. His answer? "I'm sick of eating it".

LOL. I've look at those massive cans of tuna at Costco. There's times I'm sick of eating it, too. But I sure as hell wouldn't drink it, one or two cans, let alone 300g worth!

Kona Stupid, misleading info? wreaking havoc for newbies? Wow, not only is that an ignorant response, it's not backed by anything but hot air. Tell you what, *YOU* go look up info about CRF, dialysis, ARF and protien intake. Then, go get some anatomy and pathophysiology eductaion, and concentrate on the renal and GI system; and maybe throw in some metabolism and hepatic patho. Then come back and respond. Not only are there forum posts on THIS board about the same topic, there's years and years worth of reasearch on the net about it.

BTW, I'm all about educating "neebies" when asked pertinent questions. The last thing I'd want to do is mislead someone. So your telling me it'd be ok for a untrained, 150 pound guy to pound back 300g of liquified tuna in one sitting?

Your just as stupid as the other guy. Its like this there are more than 5000 studies that show that extreme amounts of daily protein ingestion do not harm a person with normal renal function, not one study to the contrary. If you find one valid study that backs up what either of you two assholes are saying. Contact nutritional researcher Will Brink and he will pay you 10,000 dollars. If a 150 guy can stomach 300g of liguid tuna, it will not hurt him.:) Now is your opportunity to back up your shit, lets see some of them studies.

Y'know, I'm mildly amused at your aggressiveness, but even more bewildered at your ignorance. In fact, I think its just a matter of NOT wanting to believe the facts.

Anyways, after reading the last reply, I started rifleing through papers and textbooks, ready to unleash more quotes and links than needed. But, I thought "Oh, wait, if he's smart guy, he'll know where to look."

But here's a few quotes for amusement purposes:

"An article that appeared on the Sept 9, 1992 issue of THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE [ 307:652-659 (1982)] states that when renal patients "with serum creatinine concentrations averaging 2.2 mg per decilitre (190 micromole per liter) were maintained on a diet containing 30 to 40 gm of protein per day and were phosphate-restricted, no significant fall in glomerular filtration rate was observed over two years, whereas continued deterioration of renal function characterizes comparable patients whose intake of protein and phosphorus is not restricted."

Ok, fairly self explanatory. Here one more:

"One study [AMERCIAN JOURNAL OF KIDNEY DISEASE 27(5):652-662 (1996)] compared kidney patients on a low protein diet (0.73gm/kg/day) with patients on a very low protein diet (0.66 gm/kg/day). It was concluded that for every 0.2 gm/kg/day of protein increase there was a 29% GFR (Glomerular Filtration Rate) decline associated with a 41% prolongation in the time before the patients experienced renal failure"

Now, here one YOU will like, liftsiron. This is where the controversy starts:

"The kind of dietary protein may also be important. Subjects fed 90 grams of meat protein daily showed a significantly greater increase in GFR (stress on the kidney) than was seen for subjects fed 90 grams of milk protein [CLIN. NEPHROL. 27(2):71-75 (1987)]. By contrast, a study with whey protein [NAHRUNG 42(1):12-15 (1998)] showed no significant effects on liver or kidney function."

So there you go, I even gave you a point :D

Top Bottom