Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how much protein can your body handle in one sitting?

liftsiron said:
Originally posted by liftsiron
Then my man you should join a spelling forum, and not offer your opinion in areas in which you know little about. I was trying to get accross that a diet high in protien, which is needed to build muscle will not harm anyone with normal kidney function. If you still want to believe in the myth about protein vs. kidney function, go for it and remain either fat or skinny, never to reach your potential.

I was reading an article on T-Mag just this morning by Dr Bruce Kneller on this subject yesterday, and he says ultra high protein levels are danger for kidney function and certain kinds of cancer.

I guess I'll take his word over a teenager with poor language skills :fro:

you guys are killin me.....liftsiron is correct, as a bodybuilder and nutrition/dietetics major i can say that if a 150lb healthy guy eats 300, no say 400!! hes not going to go into "renel failure" , now i wouldnt want to be around the guy cause he'll stink like crap from all the farting,but not renel failure.. by the way i get 250+ grams a day,thats everyday for the last 4 years.. no kidney nor renel problems here...:)

haxedout you guys are killin me.....liftsiron is correct, as a bodybuilder and nutrition/dietetics major i can say that if a 150lb healthy guy eats 300, no say 400!! hes not going to go into "renel failure" , now i wouldnt want to be around the guy cause he'll stink like crap from all the farting,but not renel failure.. by the way i get 250+ grams a day,thats everyday for the last 4 years.. no kidney nor renel problems here...

Thanks bro:)

Here's more food for thought. Check out the end portion, where MS posts.

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/archive/5/2001/12/3/89796

And here's an article clip about cycling protein

http://www.t-mag.com/html/10maxim.html

Interesting point about uric acid and kidney damage. I think this is the actual article Shark01 had refered to.

Y'know, people are funny. I put one figure in, and people assume all sorts of crap. Go back and re read my posts, then read them again.
Yeah, no shit someone could eat 300 grams in a sitting and be fine. And, yes, BODYBUILDERS can eat massive amounts per day and be fine. Why? 'cause they are needing it. 300-400 grams a day isn't what I'm talking about. That's beans, that's barely 2g/pound. What I'm talking about is the untrained, average joe, with NORMAL protein needs, taking in HIGH doses of protien.
Think there's a long term study on that? Think again. But read the data, regardless if it's from renal patients. Read the data about the patho of protien metabolism and by-products. It's all there, regardless if you want to accept it.
You think I'm knockin' protein supplementation? Jesus Christ no. I don't spend hours every week at the gym and dollars every month on whey because I think protien will shrivel my kidneys.
Someone asks a question, I'll give them an EDUCATED answer. To fly off the handle doesn't do anyone anygood except turn a decent question into a flame-fest.

I subscribe to the shool of thought that says 1g/lb of BW is enough to grow, even on cycle.

However when you want to reduce your carb intake so you don't get too fat what are you left with? Protein and fat. So I often end up eating way more than 1g/lb BW. And that's fine too, except for the fetid odors that come out of my ass. But I find that yogurt helps greatly with those.

I would assume you take roughly 40-50 grams of protein at 3-5 times a day thorugh liquid drinks and then whatever you eat also. Especially sinceyou should be eating every 3-3.5 hours

Top Bottom