Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

holy lord-vernon davis!!

Vernon Davis is a freak in every way, he trains HARD two-a-days and has a strict diet, i highly doubt hes juicing. He works out in a state of the art gym, has the best trainers, and his job is to workout and become better at footbal.

As for sports today, athletes today are hands down better than years ago, ask anyone that has been in/around sports for years and years. Just look at Vernon Davis himself, 6'3" 263 and runs a 4.38. They even compared him in an article, when he did the 225 combine, years ago a 315 lb linemen did 25 or something, Vernon Davis did 33 reps!!!! Basketball as well, listen to the retired announcers, Lebron James was being spoken about by retired vets, and they said hes amazing becasue he would have been a center back in the day standing 6'8", now hes a damn guard, and a center below 7 feet is small.(This includes white guys too, lol)

gjohnson5 said:
I agree that 4% is a supper achievement, but he's holding water from the way his shoulders and arms look

He not far from that...

he's definitely sub-10%. . .but 4% is damn near impossible to achieve and very unhealthy to maintain. . .and vernon doesn't look "unhealthy". . .

how can there not be differences between the races? i mean obviously you have shorter in stature races. its not a stereotype, its a fact. Theres plenty of differences between the races as far as muscle, size, stamina, alcoholism, prevalence of disease. (for example sickle cell). theres alot of differences. i think its dumb to say we are all part of the human race, we are all the same. its not true. And theres nothing wrong with pointing that out. Its when we start to feel that one race doesnt deserve the kindnes and oppurtunities as everyone else, that we run into trouble. as far as white people people better at hockey, gymnastics, or some of the other white sports. i think its just a matterof time that black people will gain interest in these areas and probably be better then whites. .look at whats happened to tennis and golf!

mike

My stance has changed to a point on this topic as well. I agree that we're all humans, but that doesn't mean certain ethnic groups have a higher percentage of certain genes. Hopefully noone will argue that higher incidences of diabetes (which the diseases origins are genetic) are seen by ethnic groups.

This study which in one of few which talk about genetic differences in ethnic groups such as the percentage of type IIb muscle fiber deals specifically in observations between ethnic groups. But this study also makes observations of insulin resistance and obesity due to the above sentence.
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/reprint/282/6/E1191.pdf

But I agree that making the bridge between genetics and work ethic issues is silly. Just because one has a higher percentage of fast twitch muscle fibers does not mean that they won't drink beer, smoke weed, and waste their talents. Even with a higher percentage of type iib muscle fiber doesn't mean that the person will have enough muscle fibers to be strong and explosive. There's nothing genetic about diet... The word potential needs to be included in those topics...

samoth said:
I see you failed anthropology 101.

We're all part of the human race. Darker-skinned people are not genetically superior in strength, just as lighter-skinned people are not genetically superior in intelligence.

It's appalling that people still believe such steroetypes.

:cow:

Magic Johnson 1979 6'9" point guard. I'll take him any day over LeBron.

mavssolaj said:
Vernon Davis is a freak in every way, he trains HARD two-a-days and has a strict diet, i highly doubt hes juicing. He works out in a state of the art gym, has the best trainers, and his job is to workout and become better at footbal.

As for sports today, athletes today are hands down better than years ago, ask anyone that has been in/around sports for years and years. Just look at Vernon Davis himself, 6'3" 263 and runs a 4.38. They even compared him in an article, when he did the 225 combine, years ago a 315 lb linemen did 25 or something, Vernon Davis did 33 reps!!!! Basketball as well, listen to the retired announcers, Lebron James was being spoken about by retired vets, and they said hes amazing becasue he would have been a center back in the day standing 6'8", now hes a damn guard, and a center below 7 feet is small.(This includes white guys too, lol)

gjohnson5 said:
My stance has changed to a point on this topic as well. I agree that we're all humans, but that doesn't mean certain ethnic groups have a higher percentage of certain genes. Hopefully noone will argue that higher incidences of diabetes (which the diseases origins are genetic) are seen by ethnic groups.

exactly! there are differences. if there weren't, how the hell do you explain shit like sickle cell?? from the us dept of health. . .

"In the United States, sickle cell anemia affects about 70,000 people. It mainly affects African Americans."

personally, i love the fact that there are differences. . .the world would be damn boring without them. . .

Venus and Serena are top notch. But the Thai-African American golfer is black? Technically I guess. Maybe half a black golfer is better than a whole white golfer! Lol.

However, to say that once black people become interested in hockey, gymnastics, water polo, etc they will dominate. Well, maybe they will.

I think if you are black, white, green, purple and can make 250 million a year for 10 years (a-rod) you deserve every penny of it.

But does the surge of talented white european basketball players mean they are genetically more gifted than white american players. How about the dominican and puerto rican baseballers? I think desire and training are playing a huge role in that surge.

Plus how many white boys are afraid to even try out at WR or CB because they believe they are too slow and how many are judged negatively BECAUSE they are white.

I'll stop posting on this. Interesting thoughts on why black people are dominating the major sports. Maybe it is genetic after all.

michaeltt said:
how can there not be differences between the races? i mean obviously you have shorter in stature races. its not a stereotype, its a fact. Theres plenty of differences between the races as far as muscle, size, stamina, alcoholism, prevalence of disease. (for example sickle cell). theres alot of differences. i think its dumb to say we are all part of the human race, we are all the same. its not true. And theres nothing wrong with pointing that out. Its when we start to feel that one race doesnt deserve the kindnes and oppurtunities as everyone else, that we run into trouble. as far as white people people better at hockey, gymnastics, or some of the other white sports. i think its just a matterof time that black people will gain interest in these areas and probably be better then whites. .look at whats happened to tennis and golf!

mike

Top Bottom