Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this article).

heatherrae said:
I think that their conclusions may be correct but the reasons are incorrect.

The man who had so many nasty things to say about career women sounds like he just has a chip on his shoulder about women.

I also agree that stay at home moms are not less intelligent than career women. They may or may not be less educated, though.

I think the real reason why things may be more stable and work out better with a stay at home mom is because there is less stress in the house. Obviously, finances must be okay because she doesn't have to work. In addition, the household chores, that no one seems to have time to do when both are working, get done. There is just that much more time and opportunity to nurture a relationship when things are in order and the woman isn't trying to work ten hours a day, come home and clean, cook and care for kids.

Yep. I agree with you here. Both partners working full-time and raising kids is a strain on most marriages.

vixensghost said:
Oh please....I'll bet most men would love to become a Mister Mom if given the chance.

I volunteer.

vixensghost said:
Oh please....I'll bet most men would love to become a Mister Mom if given the chance.

Seriously. My fiancee loves what she does and is good at it. I, on the other hand although very intelligent in some areas, am not a people person and have never found my niche and have worked in a field for many years just because I could tolerate it and needed a weekly paycheck.. So she said I can take off work and never go back if I want. I'm gonna take off, but I'm gonna use my brain to make money now that I don't have to use that time to make a weekly paycheck.

Longhorn85 said:
You're exactly right. Mrs Longhorn has only a high school diploma because she dropped out of college to marry me. She has never had a job outside the home in the 18 years we have been married. She is one of the smartest people I know and much, much smarter than me.

I did the same thing, however, Mrs Longhorn had high self-esteem and married a man who valued her and her role in the family.

I learned second time around. What can I say? I was a slow learner. :whatever: .... but at least I learned! :)

Gymgurl said:
Maybe this is why I no longer work.....

LOL Do you have kids?

THEN YOU WORK... you just dont get a paycheck, sick days, holidays, personal days, no raises EVER and you are on call 24/7. :) Sounds sucky when it is put like that but when you are married to a wonderfully supportive partner: IT IS HEAVEN.

Re: Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this art

redsamurai said:
the family unit, in it's purest sense, was dismantled thousands of years ago when women became relegated to second class.............simple breeding vessels. When the pure union between a man and a woman was destroyed............so naturally went the family unit. When "exactly" this occurred I haven't the slightest...........history is written mainly by paternalisticly inclined ideologues......so who fucking knows. I suspect sometime around the inception of the old testament

oh, ok....now I know what you are implying to....good thought though, it didnt even come to my mind

fuck that,my future wifey makes 80k a year to my 30 and we are quite alright with me running the homestead in my downtime. id rather do this then work 60 plus hours a week

theoak01 said:
fuck that,my future wifey makes 80k a year to my 30 and we are quite alright with me running the homestead in my downtime. id rather do this then work 60 plus hours a week

I bet that you will be an EXCELLENT househusband. *giggle*

When I was a stayathome mom I used to HATE being called a housewife. I was like, "I am NOT married to a house. I am married to a MAN." I used to use the job title "Domestic Engineer" instead. LOL

Top Bottom