Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this article).

Longhorn85

Unlike the article states, I don’t believe career women are any more intelligent than your stay-at-home moms. I just think they tend place a higher priority on career than husband.

In other words, Mrs Cleaver is just as intelligent as Mrs Huxtable, but June chose to keep Ward happy rather than strive to become businesswoman of the year.

Who would you choose? June Cleaver or Claire Huxtable?

“I never envisaged that at my 40th, not only would I not have a partner, but I wouldn't even have a date.
But now, taking stock, I can see that while my career as a writer has flourished, I have floundered massively in the relationship stakes. My romantic CV makes shockingly depressing reading - I was married at 32, divorced by 34, became pregnant by a new partner at 36 and was left by him as a single mother at 38.
So what does all this mean? Well, I believe that at the root of all this is the fact that many women with a high IQ have a perilously low EQ (that's their emotional intelligence quotient). Put more prosaically, this would explain why bright girls are often fools in love.
Last year, American writer Michael Noer created outrage when he wrote a piece in Forbes Magazine warning men off marrying career girls. He claimed that recent studies had found that clever, professional women were more likely to get divorced, more likely to cheat and less likely to have children.
Evidence, everywhere, seems to point to the fact that thousands of bright women can't sustain meaningful relationships for a plethora of reasons: they are too controlling, they can't tolerate less successful men and equally, men resent higher-earning partners.
But perhaps we are missing something more fundamental - and controversial. That the intrinsic emotional make-up of women with an over-developed intellect is flawed, and as a result their ability to choose compatible partners or sustain lasting relationships is impeded?"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=473633&in_page_id=1879

I think that their conclusions may be correct but the reasons are incorrect.

The man who had so many nasty things to say about career women sounds like he just has a chip on his shoulder about women.

I also agree that stay at home moms are not less intelligent than career women. They may or may not be less educated, though.

I think the real reason why things may be more stable and work out better with a stay at home mom is because there is less stress in the house. Obviously, finances must be okay because she doesn't have to work. In addition, the household chores, that no one seems to have time to do when both are working, get done. There is just that much more time and opportunity to nurture a relationship when things are in order and the woman isn't trying to work ten hours a day, come home and clean, cook and care for kids.

before we had our twins, my wife was on the vp track with a fortune 50 company. . .6 months after we had our twins she quit work to be a stay-at-home-mom. . .never judge a book by its cover. . .

I'd love to be a stay at home dad. I'd simply make my kids do all the work while I played.

Longhorn85 said:
Yes VB, but for how long?

I have a neighbor who is a Mister Mom. He's stayed home w/ the kids ever since they were born. His wife is a contract attny. for Marathon Oil( huge company south of us).

His plan is when they start grade school, he'll then go back into the work force. Somehow I get the feeling it's not going to be in the Daddy Daycare field either.

I often wonder what his family and friends think of his choices. I can NOT imgaine my hubby staying home and being a Mister Mom. Bri and I would prolly starve and be wearin dirty clothes 24/7.lol

Hats off to any stay at home mom or dad. It's prolly the toughest job in the world. I'll keep my day job and enjoy my nights/weekends with my family.

Re: Hey guys, want a long-lasting marriage? Avoid career women (according to this art

vixensghost said:
Oh please....I'll bet most men would love to become a Mister Mom if given the chance.
72% of men place a high value on being employed full time.

21% of women place a high value on full time employment.

Wow, there are so many ignorant and assuming statements just in those first few paragraphs I almost vomited.

It seems to assume that women who have a "career" are intelligent and/or bright. lmfao, anyone who works in a "career" type job can tell you that half the people there (men and womins) are complete morons. MAJOR issue there with this article. The whole premise is gigantically flawed.

Also, does it give any OTHER reasons why these relationships don't work other than trying to make all women look like Gods and men look bad - "they are too controlling, they can't tolerate less successful men and equally, men resent higher-earning partners."?? Perhaps, poor time management, lack of proper stress management, etc.

I don't know there's prob a story there but from the little I read (and perhaps I didn't give it a chance, but that's the authors problem not mine) but this was written way too poorly to ever convey a real message.

Top Bottom