Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Headed towards my bikini body!!

LiLady11

My journal, finally!! I'm headed towards a bikini body!!
Horray!! Once the new year began, my best friend and I, a fellow member, began our new diet. We got it from the Diet Board, the cutting diet from TheOneCrumcake. Here's the basics of it...

Meals 1-3: Roughly 30 grams of protein/ 25 grams of Complex Carbs at each meal. NO FAT
Meals 4-6: Roughly 30 grams of protein/10-15 grams of Unsaturated Fats. NO CARBS.
Veggies at any time during the day, and as much as wanted.

NEVER MIX CARBS AND FAT, EVER!!

I got a lot of this info from this site and from another.

As for exercise... Lift @4-5 times a week. Cardio 4-7 days a week.

So far, this is how I've done:
Jan 1
Meal 1- 3 egg whites, 1 yolk
cup of oats
Meal 2- can of tuna, half a green pepper
Meal 3- Myoplex bar
Meal 4- Chicken breast, small salad with balasmic vinagrette

Jan 2
Meal 1- 4 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats
Meal 2- can tuna, baked potatoe, tablespoon salsa
Meal 3- baked potatoe
Meal 4- Chicken breast, brussel sprouts, small salad
Meal 5- Handful unsalted peanuts

The last couple of days have been rough.. we finally found an apartment and the job search is on. But we did eat well and had a great steak dinner last night!!
Jan 5
Meal 1- Ballys Creamsicle Protein Shake
Meal 2- 2 cups Cherrios
Meal 3- can tuna, 5 saltines, unsalted tops

We've been hitting the gym each day so far, doing @35-45 minutes of cardio each time. And today we took a day off from weights, but the past three days were Arms, Legs, Arms. Since we're both kinda new to this, we haven't broken it up into different body parts. But we shall!!

Well, my journal and journey has begun...

Yes you need more calories!! You also should not eat a meal that consists of just a carb alone?? You need protein w/ each meal! A handful of peanuts is not considered a meal!! Why not try rotating your carbs?? This has been talked about several times..high and low days..matching w/ your training schedule....that is not enough food...you need more protein:) I would cut out the cheerios...and crackers..you don't need those..but eating 4 times a day isn't going to get you lean..eating less is not the answer..you will actually slow down your metabolism..

you should take in at least 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb...Take in some lean red meat..turkey breasts..fish..etc...your complex carbs should be oatmeal, yams, rice, veggies etc...no carbs like white bread and junk! Drink plenty of water...You should try to train w/ some sort of split...full body won't cut it...chest/back, legs, arms/shoulders...or back/bis, chest/tris, legs, shoulders..however you want to do it..3 sets of 8-10 reps and go HEAVY..no light weights..read the sticky threads above they will help you out...and believe me you will not reach your ultimate goal eating and training like this..it will only lead you to fustration:bawling:

How many calories should I be consuming in a day?? I am currently @150 lbs. not sure of my bodyfat yet. I believe I am getting that measured on Monday along with taking some measurements. I put my foods in on Fitday.com yesterday, said I had @1500. Isn't that sufficient?? Please tell me more about rotating my carbs. Never heard of that before...
I will definitely cut out the Cheerios and the crackers from now on.
As for the weights, I've only just begun to learn about all the different machines. I've been just trying them out. This week my training partner and I are going to create a good split routine to follow. I'll write down what machines are there and what my current schedule has been!!

Thanks New!!

Machines are great but try to incorporate as much free weights as you can..do a search there is tons of info on different training splits w/ exercises and so on...keep your motivation up..once you get everything set you will do great:)

i've started journalling my food at fitday.com - it's super addictive and fun lol.

they give you a normal person's ideal... so just bump up the necessary stuff to what you should be doing to build muscle...

spatterson said:
He was looking for long grain brown rice, and tha values he was getting were WAY off. It was reporting twice the carbs as listed on any of the four varieties of rice I had in my pantry.
that's what the custom food section is for- some of the items just don't exist! :(

I'm with smalls on this it is addictive and fun :)

It is addictive!! But I'm annoyed with it right now!! Won't let me custom add my Myoplex Low Carb bar!! Dang it!!

To get back on the topic, thanks for all the replies everyone!! I think I'm going to try your split Spatts!!

LiL

LiLady,
What is the error message you are getting when you try to add a custom food on fitday.com? I haven't had a problem with it, but heard from my sister that a certain food couldn't possibly be as low in carbs as the label said - so they musta been lying or hiding something somehow....

I've had to custom add the orgranic quick-cooking oatmeal I eat, but otherwise everything has been fairly accurate - at least calorie wise. I've double-checked on a few things, but I know the calories are right, cuz I was a calorie-counter for over a year before I started using fitday. I never bothered to do the calculations on my own of Percentages of calories from pro, carb, etc. & I LOVE that it does it for me.

Agree... super addicitve & fun!

Did you all know you can make your journal public??? I've already sent the link to a few friends of mine who have not a clue how to eat healthy & want some ideas. Helps keep me in line too cuz I know they're checking up on me!!!

-Gladi

Top Bottom