Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Got a question...

T

The Shadow

...what are the possible underlying reasons for a depressed heart rate? One of the women at my gym can go thru a chest/back workout, going to failure on every set, and have a pulse that never gets above 70.

She is 45, very over weight with no history of depressed thyroid and is not on any beta blockers.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks.

When you say there is no sign of Hypothyriodism, i take it that she has been to atleast one doctor and that was his diagnosis?
I would have her get a second opinion. My mother has it and the first doctor could not dectect it.

She has lost 50 since i have been training her and the medication has boosted her heart rate significantly.

insano

She brought me a copy...

..of her complete blood panel. Among the assays were T-3, T-4, Reverse T-3 and TSH. All values are within the normal range.

I will ask her about having the assay repeated. Think I will get her to monitor her basal temperature as soon as she wakes up. That is a pretty good indicator of thyroid fxn.

Thanks Mon Capitan.

Just a thought - check out http://thyroid.about.com/health/thyroid/library/weekly/aa072897.htm
- my blood panel is posted and my thyroid levels are actually better than they were 6 months ago (they were still in the "normal reference range", but on the high end ---> hypothyroid). Warlobo even noted that he thought I was potentially hypothyroid. There is some thought that if you are on the edges of the "normal reference range", you are not necessarily not hypothryoid. I'm also following the "Blood Type Diet" under a holistic nutritionist, I'm an "O" type, and the "O" type, according to her, has a tendency to be hypothyroid.

Good luck!

~ sassy :angel:

SASSAFRAS - THANKS GIRLIE...

...SHE'S GETTING ANOTHER BLOOD PANEL DONE. WILL POST NUMBERS WHEN I GET THEM

s'allrite cornie

This thyroid stuff is pretty wild ... its the source of our leanness & our fatness. I still dont' understand it, and it seems most don't. I wonder at what point its the complete cause of people being blatantly overweight or just unable to drop that same 10 lbs? For me it seems my metabolism is stuck due to heavily fluctuating diets - wonder how much the thyroid has to do with it???

The quest for knowledge & understanding continues....

BTW - nice pecs there big boy! :D

Re: s'allrite cornie

Sassy69 said:

BTW - nice pecs there big boy! :D

In my best Elvis voice:

"Thank you, thank you very much"

BTW - I got nuttin' on you in the pecs department. Hubba Hubba!!

Yea, its amazing what decline presses will do for you! LOL! I'm not JennBFL but, hey, thx!

Here's my "most muscular"....

Dayum!!!

Sassy69 said:
Yea, its amazing what decline presses will do for you! LOL! I'm not JennBFL but, hey, thx!

Here's my "most muscular"....

Just goes to prove that a HARD woman is GOOD to find...

Sassy Is that you girl!!!?

Sassy that picture is great.

Your physique kicks ass, you mist have worked hard. Go girl!!!

Regards

Sheena:)

Top Bottom