Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Going from 5 to 4 day workout and splitting legs

halfaclue

Banned
Because of taking a second job part time, I am going to split leg day up and I need some advice.

I'm going to do squats and leg exts together.

I was going to do stiff legged DL on BACK day but I need another ham string excercise other then leg curls???

Also do any of you do this and were your results any worse then when you did legs all together???

Hitting each body part once a week is far from idea for gains, but if you are trying to maintain it only make slow progress it works well for this.

OUtside of stiff legged deads and leg curls you are going to have trouble finding other hamstring lifts. Squats work, which you are already doing. I would say just go for the stiff legged deads followed by whichever leg curl machine you seem to feel in your hamstrings the most.

BBF.....do you prefer HST???? I am thinking of swithcing over shortly but I have been doing the "one body part a week" routine for 2 years with consitant gains.

Hitting each body part once a week is far from idea for gains, but if you are trying to maintain it only make slow progress it works well for this.

disagree with you on this one bro, imo for people with average recovery who aren't 'on' once weekly's perfect for gaining which is why it's the basis of most training programs geared towards natural trainees, max-ot, HG etc. It's good for strength too. You must have a good recovery rate because you're hitting it hard many times a week on a low dose cycle.. I'd die if I tried that.

but if someone's doing the typical 'swole like ronnie in 12 weeks' internet cycle then I guess they should train more frequently to take advantage of all those grams of heavy androgens & the anabolic effect of the cheeseburger & roofies diet ;)

If you do GMs properly they will hit the hams well. However, they are also lower back intensive, so you have to be careful about your exercise choices. I wouldn't do those and stiff-legged on the same day, e.g., but you could switch them from week to week.

Tweakle said:
disagree with you on this one bro, imo for people with average recovery who aren't 'on' once weekly's perfect for gaining which is why it's the basis of most training programs geared towards natural trainees, max-ot, HG etc. It's good for strength too. You must have a good recovery rate because you're hitting it hard many times a week on a low dose cycle.. I'd die if I tried that.

but if someone's doing the typical 'swole like ronnie in 12 weeks' internet cycle then I guess they should train more frequently to take advantage of all those grams of heavy androgens & the anabolic effect of the cheeseburger & roofies diet ;)

Perhaps its genetics as well. I used to bench 5 times a week when I was natural, and in under a year I was benching 315 for 6-8 reps during my heaviest working sets.

I didn't cut back to once a week training until I starting juicing, and my arms were stuck at 17" until when just over a year ago I chanced to higher frequincy training, put on 30 lbs of lbm and brought my arms up to 19".

Currently i am bewtween cycles but i rarely change the way i train...I just move more weight when on. Anyone out there break up leg day over mutiple days???? Any feed back?

genetics maybe but you didn't get there that fast without training hard did you? :) there are far too many guys at my gym who'd struggle to bench that much for a single after years of shitty training and juicing.

if you can gain like that off high frequency training then i'm very jealous of you :) I'd love to be hitting bodyparts 2-3 times a week, and the more productive workouts you can fit into a week the better you'll grow.. whats your routine look like right now?

BBF, I can't lift that way...instinctualy (sp) that is. I need structure, a game plan...and I like to go with game plans that people have tried and had good results with.

Top Bottom