Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

GOAL: To lower my BF% and add muscle.

LadyLift3

I have been going to the gym 4-7 days a week for almost two years now. I started after I had my second child when I was at 150-155lbs and I am only 5'4 I was about 28%+ BF. I am now down to 125-130lbs and 21-22% BF and my goal is to be around 15-16% BF with very toned muscles. My gym schedule and diet are as follows.

GYM:

MWF-Legs, abs, and zumba\cardio
T&TH-Upper body and cardio
SAT&SUN- Cardio or sauna\rest

I spend around 2+ hours a day at the gym

DIET:

BFST- Usually 6 eggs whites and 1/4 cup oats, or a protein shake with added protein, oats and spinach.
LUNCH- Depeding on the day either a protein bar and raw veggies or a salad with tuna or chicken breast
DINNER- Salad with chicken breast or grilled chicken with veggies
SNACKS-nuts, fruit,veggies

I drink about a gal water a day. I take a daily vitamin, folic acid, amino acid, b12, potassium, biotin, vitamin e. I keep my salt intake very low and I stay far away from sugar because it is my weakness :( Sometimes Ill add shredded cheese to my eggs or salad for some dairy.

I really need help tweaking my diet to fit what I want to achieve. I really don't know what an ideal time frame I should give myself to achieve this goal. Any tips are greatly appreciated. I hope I didn't forget anything. :qt:

Looks pretty good to me, only thing I don't like is that you don't give yourself and your muscles enough rest....I'd devote an entire day to relax and let your muscles rest. They grow when they're at rest

Thank you everyone for your insight. This is my gym schedule but with work, school and being a mother of two kids and a wife I usually end up missing a day or two. So it usually works out. And I don't count my calories very specifically but I would esitmate I eat around 1000-1200 calories a day :Chef:

Way too low girl. I'd like to see you doing maybe 500 under maintenance. Any more than that and it's too much for all you're doing.

I know you wanna lose weight but you have to go about it a healthy way.

Your maintenance is like 1950 calories...the most I'd go is around 1400/day....but you wanna GAIN muscle which means you need to be going OVER your maintenance, like 2100-2200 per day!

Last edited:
My BF who's a NPC Physique suggested that I NOT do ab workouts on Leg days, he said by Leg days (squats, deadlifts...ect...) it's already working the core and you don't want to over-work it with more Ab muscles. I have switched my work outs and do not work abs on Leg days and have noticed more definition in my abs. As well as switching up my diet and "carb cycling"...I eat LOTS of fish and LOTS of chicken....6 meals a day. Also, I would turn your snacks into meals. Here's what my diet looks like, but I experiment w/the carbs. This is a medium carb day 2-3 days a week.
7:00am,- 6-8 Scrambled Egg Whites
8:00am- Mushed up strawberries, Blueberries, 1/2 Cup of oats, Vanilla whey protein, w/water.
12:30pm- Chicken, Sweet Potatoes, and asparagus.
2:45pm- Tuna salad (6 oz tuna w/olive oil, lemon n lime juice, cilantro, spinach, and celery)
6:30pm- Flounder and sauteed mushrooms w/olive oil.
8:00pm- More Tuna Salad

Maybe gives you some different ideas. On my high carb day (1 day per week) I eat sweet potatoes with my 6:30 meal (post work out). The next day when I wake up my stomach is completly firm. On low carb days I ONLY get my carbs from vegetables. I have low or no carb days on my "off days" even though I do cardio on my off days. My HIGH carb day is my most intense work out (leg days). And my medium carb days are usually my arm/chest/ or back days.

Wonderful, thanks guys. Ill re-evaluate my eating plan and switch my ab days. I had a hunch that I should probably doing abs on a different day anyways lol :)

Way too low girl. I'd like to see you doing maybe 500 under maintenance. Any more than that and it's too much for all you're doing.

I know you wanna lose weight but you have to go about it a healthy way.

Your maintenance is like 1950 calories...the most I'd go is around 1400/day....but you wanna GAIN muscle which means you need to be going OVER your maintenance, like 2100-2200 per day!

BTW just skimmed through your competition log and just wanted to let you know your day to day workouts and dieting is very informative and motivating! Thank you and good luck in competition! Maybe one day I will get to compete in a bikini comp *dreams* :insane:

BTW just skimmed through your competition log and just wanted to let you know your day to day workouts and dieting is very informative and motivating! Thank you and good luck in competition! Maybe one day I will get to compete in a bikini comp *dreams* :insane:
Thanks sweetie! If you can dream it you can achieve it! :)

Top Bottom