Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Motorcycle reccomendations....

curling said:
I saw that. It was 20 degrees hotter than average temps for march. I sure hope that goes back down to normal before me and the ole lady get there.

Here is some more lingo for ya. Where does your wife ride. On the p-pad(pussy pad) a detachable suction cup back seat.

Those are commonly called the "Bitch pad"

strongsmartsexy said:
Those are commonly called the "Bitch pad"

Well that too. But the ppad is the current name of it. I have heard it called both. But back when bikers were bikers the bikers they made them ride on the fenders.

Forge said:
Have you ever ridden before? If not, don't buy an expensive Harley for your first bike, buy something cheap to learn on that you don't want to keep. Once you have some experience riding (in traffic) then look for the bike of your dreams.

I've seen too many people start on brand new Harleys only to dump them twice a week for the first month. That's not a small bill...

as forge said, cheap, inexpesive. something that you're going to be able to sell for as much as you bought it for (maybe a $2-3K used bike).

Becoming said:
Code- they do look cool bro - just not my style I think...

Mr. DB - thanks for the reccomendation, so everyone is agreement to go over 1100CC even for a first bike?

go small. go find a Nighthawk 650 or something. you don't need big power when you are learning to ride. you need to learn how to control the bike, how to ride a bike, you need to learn how a motorcycle reacts. you do not need something 1100+ ccs for a starter bike. too big, heavy, and more power than you need.

you're going to have enough thrill just riding to begin with. you won't need 1840ccs of fun for a first bike. 650ccs or around that size will be plenty to start with. you're not so big that you'll bog the bike down. it's going to move just fine. and you will be on something light and managable so you can learn how to ride, not on something that has more power than you need and is heavier than you need to be dealing with.

get used to riding, enjoy it, put that little starter bike through it's paces and hone your skills. do that for a season and rack up a few thousand miles under your ass. then start looking for something bigger.

you learn to crawl before you learn to run. that being the case, why should you start off on a 1200cc motorcycle when you don't even know how to ride?

curling said:
I saw that. It was 20 degrees hotter than average temps for march. I sure hope that goes back down to normal before me and the ole lady get there.

Here is some more lingo for ya. Where does your wife ride. On the p-pad(pussy pad) a detachable suction cup back seat.

It is supposed to go back to the 80s for a bit after tomorrow or the next... here is a link to the 10 day....

http://beta.weather.com/weather/local/USAZ0166?from=search_10day

My wife would really appreciate the pad lingo... I think maybe no one should mention that cause she hits pretty hard for a chick....

crak600 said:
you learn to crawl before you learn to run. that being the case, why should you start off on a 1200cc motorcycle when you don't even know how to ride?

I've seen people get bikes to small for many years for the reasons you are describing. It didn't take them longer than 2 - 3 months to jump up to a bigger bike. A 650 is hardly enough bike for someone of his size, especially for freeway driving. More power doesn't represent more difficulty in learning or riding. And most cruiser power is significantly less than the smaller crotch rockets in terms of gas to speed ratio.

Not to mention, getting into one bike after convincing the wife, only to attempt to convince her you need a bigger bike afterwards is tricky.

strongsmartsexy said:

Not to mention, getting into one bike after convincing the wife, only to attempt to convince her you need a bigger bike afterwards is tricky.

Exactly. Couldn't have said better myself. The wife is a key element in becoming's equation(sp).

i'm not talking about getting a small ass bike and having it for the next 2-3 years, i'm talking for 4-5 months. and those first few months on a smaller bike are good for you. you learn how to ride and then are better prepared for something bigger.

more power can make a difference to a new rider. if they happen to rip on the gas a bit too hard...back tire spins...down they go. understandably that sport bikes are going to have more of a problem with this (i am a sportbike rider), but still, why start off on something bigger than you need for a beginner bike?

after posting, i went back and re-read some things and saw he's 260lbs (missed that the first time through). isn't there a Kawi Vulcan 750? something just a tad bit larger would probably be fine, but you still want lower power and a lighter bike for a beginner, no matter what their size.

and if you pick up the right bike, selling it again won't be a problem, esepcially if you only have it for a fwe months. should be able to sell it for what you bought it for. Wives can't complain about that!

curling said:
Exactly. Couldn't have said better myself. The wife is a key element in becoming's equation(sp).

Yeah, and like I said she hits hard:)

No really we were at the gym and a dude said "Damn you are strong as hell- I could barely handle those DB shoulder presses" (there were only like 25s or 30s and he is weak, but a nice dude)

I kid her about taking up women's boxing... she has some fast hands... I need to get some focus mitts cause it is starting to hurt a lot when she uses my hand for a target...

strongsmartsexy said:
I've seen people get bikes to small for many years for the reasons you are describing. It didn't take them longer than 2 - 3 months to jump up to a bigger bike. A 650 is hardly enough bike for someone of his size, especially for freeway driving. More power doesn't represent more difficulty in learning or riding. And most cruiser power is significantly less than the smaller crotch rockets in terms of gas to speed ratio.

More power does make it more difficult to learn, especially during throttle control.

Top Bottom