Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

First Motorcycle reccomendations....

Scotsman said:
Becoming-

I would suggest something like a Honda Shadow Aero 1100 (if they still make it) or something close to this. You can pick a new one up for around 9K and a used as cheap as 4K unless it is in bad shape. Good power, great reliability, layed back cruiser styling. Unless you are just dying to get one a Harley isn't my recommendation for a first time bike, simply because of the price.

Cheers,
Scotsman

He's 260lbs and 6'1", he'll outgrow the Aero in a month easily. It's very underpowered and if he does any freeway driving it will beat him harder than his wife when he forgets to put down the toilet seat cover.

At his size, he definately needs a more sizable bike. I rode an ACE and an Aero at 210lbs and they were both too damn small and under powered.

Scotts- Thx bro... :)

Code said:
I started riding on the East Coast, heard it there.

Spent lotta time in the Mid-West, heard it there.

Rode for 7 years on the West Coast, heard it there.

Question is, where are you from.

Shit, I heard at Sturgis. Heard it at Daytona too.

The south what else? Heading to phoenix next week so maybe I will hear it then. :D

strongsmartsexy said:
It's very underpowered and if he does any freeway driving it will beat him harder than his wife when he forgets to put down the toilet seat cover.

What does this mean? (cause I don't knwo jack)

curling said:
The south what else? Heading to phoenix next week so maybe I will hear it then. :D

It was hot as hell here this weekend bro, so be prepared... 97 yesterday... not so bad really- unless you are standing in one place under the sun...:D

strongsmartsexy said:
He's 260lbs and 6'1", he'll outgrow the Aero in a month easily. It's very underpowered and if he does any freeway driving it will beat him harder than his wife when he forgets to put down the toilet seat cover.

At his size, he definately needs a more sizable bike. I rode an ACE and an Aero at 210lbs and they were both too damn small and under powered.

That's why I said the aero 1100 it has 400 more cc's than the standard aero and gets around pretty nice without being a death rocket. My Harley is only a 1450 and it'll get up and GO.

Becoming- If you get a bike I will definetly head that way when I get the chance then there will be, In N Out, Big Rock, Big bikes.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Becoming said:
What does this mean? (cause I don't knwo jack)

Different bikes ride differently and have different seat to feet ratios. Then you have the issue of the power of the engine to propel they weight of the bike and you to a given point, let alone having a passenger.

The VTXs and Vulcan's tend to fit taller people better and also have more power.

The suspensions on the bikes also make a lot of difference as well. The Aero and ACE both have the same suspension and are adjustible from the rear shocks. On CA freeways, they road peaks are killer on you if your bike isn't dialed in or it too light.

Putting you on an Ace or Aero is almost as bad as suggesting that you should ride a Sportster.

Scotsman said:
That's why I said the aero 1100 it has 400 more cc's than the standard aero and gets around pretty nice without being a death rocket. My Harley is only a 1450 and it'll get up and GO.

Becoming- If you get a bike I will definetly head that way when I get the chance then there will be, In N Out, Big Rock, Big bikes.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Both the ACE and Aero have the same 1100cc engine. Still too small for someone his size. He'll outgrow it too quickly.

Not to mention the Harley is a much different more powerful engine than either the ACE or Aero. The VTX or the new Kawi is more equivalent to the Harleys'.

SSS/Scots- Thx for the info bros - when I get closer and find something in particular I like I will definitely run it by you bros before I put out any cash on it....

Scots- Sounds cool bro... I don't know that this will be done by then though.... I am thinking maybe this fall at earliest....

Becoming said:
It was hot as hell here this weekend bro, so be prepared... 97 yesterday... not so bad really- unless you are standing in one place under the sun...:D

I saw that. It was 20 degrees hotter than average temps for march. I sure hope that goes back down to normal before me and the ole lady get there.

Here is some more lingo for ya. Where does your wife ride. On the p-pad(pussy pad) a detachable suction cup back seat.

Top Bottom