Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

does anyone NOT listen to music or just listen to the gym tunes when lifting?

Big Buck said:
I don't listen to headphones when I workout. I don't *hear* the gym music either...I really zone out (concentrated) when I workout.
......yeah, same for me, B.B.........i will OCCASSIONALLY hear the gym's soundtrack if it's a song i espically like; but usually i am so zoned out and focoused on what i need to get done that i walk right by friends and don't even see them!! sometimes they get pissed off at me until i explain!!

I dont listen. I find it distracting. Pus my cd player is too cumbersome. When I get a nice little mp3 player, I'll probably lift & listen a lot more.

I use my music and headphones to avoid being bothered.
Sometimes I don't even turn the player on.:)

I could give a shit what is playing, I usually block it out anyways. Music isn't that important to me, I can sit in total silience for hours. If I'm at home I'll pop in a mixed CD or if I'm in my apartments gym room I'll turn something on. At the gym though it doesn't bother me what it is.

i usually dont care

but some music just gets you fired up....on say a last rep, or doing bag work. im thinkning about investing in an mp3 player as a result (due to kak gangsta-rap shit they lay at my gym)

Joe Gold's World Gym in Venice was NO MUSIC at all. When Arnold took the gym over from Joe he put in a $50,000 stereo system... and Joe told him to take it out. I've worked out at a lot of the European gyms where they don't play music... it's a lot better.

I absolutely do...the gym music makes me sleepy (it's that bad) as much as I try to ignore it. I listen to my headphones and zone out to them like Big Buck mentioned...anyway, Smalls, I am just fuckin' with you but try doing 20 rep breathing squats followed by gut-busting ass to the floor front squats and then you'll see what motivation and intensity is all about. :-D

Last edited:
headphones get in my way, only when I run do I wear em... so I have to zone out the terrible shit my gym plays

Portable CD players suck balls.

I bought an MP3 player a little over a year ago, and it's the single best peice of gym gear I've ever owned.

I wear it a) becuase my gym plays shitty music, and b) people like to talk to me while I work out -- I hate that, and the headphones are a deturrent.

I'd say maybe 10% of my gym members wear a portable music device of some kind.

Top Bottom