Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do fast food workers really need $15/hr to fug up my drive thru orders?

I agree with this.

Even unskilled humans have value. If you don't have a machine to scoop fries into a bag then the value of that human should be enough to live and maintain the human that you are using as a resource.

These exploitative slimeballs are the losers here.

Like the threat of McDonalds or Walmart taking away just one or all of their jobs is really a threat, let them do it. So what. I cannot believe that anyone would agree with them basically subsidizing half their work force and call the employees the losers here. I hope they go out of business and no one is employed by them. I'd like that.

Sure, they have value. Just a lot fucking less than the rest of us.

What about looking at this thing from an entirely different perspective. As has been pointed out, if the wage for fast food workers is raised, the products will cost more. I fail to see how that, in any way, is a bad thing. If people really can't live without fast food then they'll find a way to pony up the cash, IOW, get a better job, and that's good for the country. Or they'll stop eating the shit and lose weight. How is any of that bad?

Did you stop to think that raising the minimum wage for fast food workers may actually be part of a solution to America's obesity problem? Seems to me it's right up there with how raising the tobacco price has reduced smoking, I don't see anyone bitching about that.

Raising the minimum wage for fast food workers is the ultimate irony.

How many big macs per year does the CEO of IBM eat? Probably not that many.

How many big macs does a young, educated, upwardly-mobile professional eat? Probably not that many.

How many big macs does a low-wage, trying-to-feed-the-family for cheap person buy? Probably quite a few. Fast food calories are cheap on a per-dollar basis.

So we raise the minimum wage on fast food workers, which in turn raises the cost of fast food (it's certainly not the shareholders who are going to make less, so someone has to pay). But the poor disproportionately buy fast food.

So it's a selective tax on the poor. Well done.

Raising the minimum wage for fast food workers is the ultimate irony.

How many big macs per year does the CEO of IBM eat? Probably not that many.

How many big macs does a young, educated, upwardly-mobile professional eat? Probably not that many.

How many big macs does a low-wage, trying-to-feed-the-family for cheap person buy? Probably quite a few. Fast food calories are cheap on a per-dollar basis.

So we raise the minimum wage on fast food workers, which in turn raises the cost of fast food (it's certainly not the shareholders who are going to make less, so someone has to pay). But the poor disproportionately buy fast food.

So it's a selective tax on the poor. Well done.

Butt if the price increase closes the $550/yr gap perhaps someone may drag something back to teh ghetto that has antioxidants and hasn't been deep fried

Eating Healthy vs. Unhealthy Will Cost You $550 More Per Year, Study Reveals

Less burden on BarryCare in long run = Win!

I agree with this.

Even unskilled humans have value. If you don't have a machine to scoop fries into a bag then the value of that human should be enough to live and maintain the human that you are using as a resource.

So even if that person works one day per week for a few hours, it's the employers' job to maintain them?

Like the threat of McDonalds or Walmart taking away just one or all of their jobs is really a threat, let them do it. So what. I cannot believe that anyone would agree with them basically subsidizing half their work force and call the employees the losers here. I hope they go out of business and no one is employed by them. I'd like that.

You'd rather everyone lose their jobs than the corporate parent make money?

I agree with this.

Mitch needs to pay the ngrs that wash cars all day on his dad's car lot moar!

I pay very well, bitch.

Do you have any part time workers whatsoever?

Do you have any workers at all who aren't covered by your health plan?

Do you have any workers at all who don't have a reasonably-matched 401(k) plan?

Top Bottom