Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do fast food workers really need $15/hr to fug up my drive thru orders?

Those bitching about their low pay are going to price themselves right out of their jobs. $15 and hour expands the pool of workers available to work at a McDonalds or Walmart, increasing competition. Those fucking losers that are whining instead of working their asses off to be more marketable will be unemployed.

What about looking at this thing from an entirely different perspective. As has been pointed out, if the wage for fast food workers is raised, the products will cost more. I fail to see how that, in any way, is a bad thing. If people really can't live without fast food then they'll find a way to pony up the cash, IOW, get a better job, and that's good for the country. Or they'll stop eating the shit and lose weight. How is any of that bad?

Did you stop to think that raising the minimum wage for fast food workers may actually be part of a solution to America's obesity problem? Seems to me it's right up there with how raising the tobacco price has reduced smoking, I don't see anyone bitching about that.

Raise minimum wage > Increase cost of living > Minimum wage earners bitch because they don't make enough > Raise minimum wage > Increase cost of living > Minimum wage earners bitch because they don't make enough > Raise minimum wage > Increase cost of living > Minimum wage earners bitch because they don't make enough > Raise minimum wage > Increase cost of living > Minimum wage earners bitch because they don't make enough > Raise minimum wage > Increase cost of living > Minimum wage earners bitch because they don't make enough >

$15/hour is a bit much for unskilled fast-food labor. I can see that being a necessity in places like NY or Los Angeles where cost of living is sky-high, but it'd be silly in Nebraska or Mississippi.

So you think the minimum wage should only be raised for fast food workers???
Actually, you really want to know what I think? I think that anybody who is willing to work full time at a job, whatever that job may be, deserves to be able to make a living wage, not just the people with college diplomas. Not everyone is cut out for college, but we are creating a society where the majority of the middle class is being turned into the working poor. More people are on food stamps than ever. More people are working multiple part time jobs and still not making ends meet. Shit, the US postal service has the highest number of college degreed carriers in its history, if that doesn't tell you something, nothing will! If you look at hard statistics, not opinions by conservatives or repubs or even liberals, all signs point to the middle and lower middle classes being eliminated. That is very unhealthy. Simply put, once you account for inflation, people aren't making what they should or could.

I'm sick of hearing that people who don't work hard at school deserve what they get. If everyone gets a diploma we're going to have road crews and garbage men requiring them and how the hell are they going to pay off those loans?! I don't understand why we don't just sterilize people who are below a certain IQ and systematically euthanize the feeble minded and handicapped and be done with it. Let's just have a society of geniuses who all sit around telling each other how great it is to be brilliant and trying to figure out why the infrastructure is collapsing and where did all the plumbers and garbage men go? Oh, nevermind, we'll just give all the shit menial labor jobs to illegals for pennies on the dollar and there you go, the perfect society of haves and have nots.

NEA - 2011-2012 Average Starting Teacher Salaries by State

4 year degree school teachers in Montana = $12.85/hr (based on 40 hr week ... prob less per hour)

P'WNT!
And yet the CEO of Federated Department Stores makes over $14 million a year. Let's see, who has a greater influence on youth and the future direction this country is going in, the person who teaches your child to read and write, the one who heavily influences their academic leanings ... or the guy who is in charge of one of the biggest retail conglomerates in the world.

Oh, that's right, the retail giant is more important because we need to get more people into the stores buying shit that's nearly 100% imported from frigging China and Japan.

Who fucking cares about $15/hr anyways? That's roughly $31K a year. Well below the poverty line around here and not nearly enough to live on.

Top Bottom