Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do deadlifts thicken up your waistline?

If you have a bad back, then it seems like continuing to make your upper body bigger while neglecting your core and stabilizers (i.e. doing deadlifts) would be the last thing you'd want to do. JMO.

Also, trap bar deadlifts are easier on your lower back. I recommend this exercise for you, hell another guy that just posted pulled around 600 and he has herniated disks.

They added a little size to mine, but not much. I rep out sets of 10 with 500lbs, 5 with 550, and stepped on stage 2 weeks ago with a waist just under 30"

Debaser said:
Also, trap bar deadlifts are easier on your lower back. I recommend this exercise for you, hell another guy that just posted pulled around 600 and he has herniated disks.

Well the thing is I could care less about poundages, so therefore I could care less whats easier to allow me to get poundages up.. Main concern is aesthetics for me. I seriously want to get into acting modeling and just want to look "nice". The tapered look is obviously traditionally "nicer" on the eyes than the fireplug look. Plus I really do not feel like buying new pants again.

needsize said:
They added a little size to mine, but not much. I rep out sets of 10 with 500lbs, 5 with 550, and stepped on stage 2 weeks ago with a waist just under 30"

You were actually someone who came to mind when I thought about this. I know you deadlift huge amounts and I know you have a small waist....That's why I was confused.

if you're bulking, that's almost definitely fat/water. if your waist is still too big when you're ripped, then you'll have a good reason to stop deadlifting

I would do some light ones for reps then. The thickening isn't that bad, and alot of it is oblique development that comes from maxing heavy and training the obliques as part of the ever-important core. If you're not doing that, it probably won't be of concern.

spatts said:
I would do some light ones for reps then. The thickening isn't that bad, and alot of it is oblique development that comes from maxing heavy and training the obliques as part of the ever-important core. If you're not doing that, it probably won't be of concern.

What rep range would you recommend?

I will probably concentrate on hi reps then, and do heavy 5x5's once a month.

Top Bottom