Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Do deadlifts thicken up your waistline?

longarms said:

You tellin us you got those 650 intercostals and obliques with no direct sidey/twisty thingys??

Cool.

yup, no direct work whatsoever, never even thought to train them

Burning_Inside said:
BUT, adding in the fact that there's always a good chance i MAY hurt myself ont hem because of my bad back

i had a bad back........ then i started deadlifting and training abs, and my back doesnt hurt anymore.........

X

Exodus said:

i had a bad back........ then i started deadlifting and training abs, and my back doesnt hurt anymore.........

X

That's like my knee. I had knee problems when I was younger, and I don't now.

BI,

Sounds like you are getting the info you need. I would recommend focusing on 3/4 deads or I think what these folks are calling trap bar deads. I have been a long time proponent of doing heavy full deads but reciently, last 2 months, switched to 3/4 deads. Result has been awesome. I have notice a huge change in my physique that was not there before.

Instead of getting thicker muscle in the trunk I have started to actually taper without losing strength. Granted I probably do not pull as much as I did when I switched but the results are still great. I have sufferd from a thick waste all my life and I know now that a big part of it was my lifting routine.

Good Luck,

Gig

Exodus said:

X

That's a great point. :)

I know to many people with back problems, and they refuse to do anything about it. They just complain that they can't work out because they have a bad back.

I tell them, "No, you have a weak back."

They don't like that too much........

Joker

I used to have really bad back pain when I sat too long. An hour drive would kill. Now I can drive all day pain-free.

slobberknocker said:

That's like my knee. I had knee problems when I was younger, and I don't now.

You're still younger, slobberkinder.

J/K
Me too. had both knees scoped. I have an irritating click in my left one, but it never hurts anymore.

pulls, reverse hypers and weighted hypers will make you lower strong and healthy

My lower back used to kill me before i satrted training - combo of bad posture (which is muscle related anyway) and strength imbalances.

No anymore, I can olylift and squat without ill effects. bending over and picking up heavy things is a peice of cake.

The midsection will get bigger intially, but not many others will notice except yourself and then growth tapers off. Notice how hard it is to get big arms, will thank your lucky stars that same thing applies to your midsection msucles :)

Top Bottom