Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Cheat meal? Good for metabolism and mind?

Shinobi

Ok everybody says that a cheat meal is a good thing to do once a week/15days/month because makes you mentaly better and kicks the metabolism but honesty I really dont feel like having a cheat meal or if I do its so small that I dont even consider a cheat meal like a tbsp of natural peanut butter with equal or a protein bar BUT if a cheat meal is good to kick the metabolism I will do it! Mentally the cheat meal dont affect me at all!

cheat meal or cheat day is fine,,,,,,,,,,,Par calls it a Refeed day.........whaeva as long as you dont over do it(MORE THAN 2days)......and the cheat day is beneficial because it helps you continue dieting since you been dieting for very long and once you diet for so long you get urges to binge,and those cheat days/refeed days prevent you from binging and over doing it!!!!!!!!!!

go ahead and do it:)

Last edited:
If you could go without a cheat meal then go without it. Eventually, you may eat "cheat foods" (like once every 2-3 weeks), when that time comes you can call it your "cheat meal." I this method is better than having a regularly scheduled cheat meal or "cheat day" and then wanting to cheat even more at unallowed times. This also allows for eating healthy on "cheat days" when you simply aren't in the mood for eating junk.

Some people claim that having a regularly scheduled cheat meal or cheat day helps them stay on their diet over the long haul, so it is probably just a matter of personal preference.

I don't know whether or not eating a cheat meal will have positive metabolic effects. If it is true, I am very interested in hearing the reasoning behind it. If not, it is probably just some people trying to justify their wrongdoings-not that it's morally wrong or anything, but I think you know what I mean.

Thanks for the link, I will make sure to read that article. Par deus is super knowledgeable about bodybuilding, health, and related areas, his posts are filled with a wealth of information, so I expect nothing short of a great article filled with wealth's of information. I aplogize for the erroneous information that I stated earlier. I saw leptin being discussed hear and there, but I never knew what it is, its function, its relation to purposely having cheat meals, or anything about it, until now.

Wow I read the articles about leptin but let me see if I understood it correctly... Refeed day means that you have to eat more calories but that dont necessarily means to eat junk, right? You can eat more calories but still eating clean.

Shinobi said:
Wow I read the articles about leptin but let me see if I understood it correctly... Refeed day means that you have to eat more calories but that dont necessarily means to eat junk, right? You can eat more calories but still eating clean.

The focus should be on carbs

Shinobi said:

You do not want a bunch of fat, but your carbohydrate sources can pretty much be "junk"

Top Bottom